Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Group 7 Galactic [G7G]
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Star Citizen

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

Anyone every play the Wing Commander games? I came across this and seems like it will be an awesome game since people have already pitched over $8 million. I was kinda thinking of investing some into this since I love Space Sim games. From the looks of what you can buy the game should hit Nov 2014.

Last edited by CAPT Huckabee on 09/23/13 12:23; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

I'd seen the initial video and was kinda stoked. It has a lot of elements that are planned that give it high potential for greatness.

This game has me very excited! I signed up at Colonel level back in October. I've also ot a t-shirt and metal ID card coming. Yes, I'm a geek!

I believe Roberts is planning on offering Star Citizen as an MMORPG and Squadron 47 as a pure space shooter. He's raised over $8 million in pledges from the public and I've heard that he's leveraging that to obtain much more from investors.

Last I heard, he's aiming for a late 2014 release.

Awarded:

My understanding is that there will be both a single player campaign and an online persistent universe.

Ill at least get the $65 with the 300i. Maybe try and get the package with the Freelancer. The Constellation is awesome from what I read but that's to much money, especially if I decided to get some add ons. Love the Squadron 42 shirt. Still might be awhile before I do. Hard for me to drop a lot of money on a game that I might not even possible like even though it does look sweet and epic.

rear admiral here i come big ole smugling ship :D also be a wile i'm waiting to see some more about the game first.

I went ahead and got the Bounty Hunter package today with the 300i ship. From what they got up on their wiki, the ship is really sleek and nice looking. I wish I had signed up back in November to get the lifetime insurance on the ship and an id card, but oh well.

Thinking about adding on either the Freelancer or the Cutlass package(taxes came back). I'm still undecided on which one.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/thank-you/

Anyone interested in the game thought I would let you know that Lifetime Insurance is back if you pledge now before their new site goes live. It will apply also to any ships you add on to your account. Got me really thinking about adding maybe a Freelancer. $700k raised in a week......mind blown.

Pictured is the ship I currently am pledged for, the 300i.(You can google images of ships you can't find on site pictured) Excited about the promo coming soon for the 300i. If it's like the Aurora one they just did, there will be different variants for sell/upgrade to.

For anyone on the fence or wanting to add more ships I thought I would update here. Because we reached the $9m goal Lifetime Insurance for ships is back till the new site goes live.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/lifetime-insurance-clarification/

Side note they will be doing a brochure and promo next with the 300i like they just did for the Aurora. Game plan is before the new site goes live and to get to the $10m mark. I been watching the site and on average they are bringing in around $20k a day.

re: Need a name for Referral

I had no idea about this game in development. I loved the original Wing Commander /Freelancer series. One of the reasons I bought a computer, those many years ago. So today I made a pledge, and the game prompted a referral name. I was hoping to give you credit in the game Huck and maybe those that learn about the game from this forum post. Can you please reply with your username in the Star Citizen universe, so I can give you credit?

Timberwolf14 is my log in name. n7huckabee@hotmail.com is my email i use for it. Thx for wanting to give me the referral buddy. I'm really excited about the game. Thinking heavily on upgrading my pledge or at least adding a Freelancer. What did you go for?

re: 65 bucks....for now

I pledged the $65, but I would love to get the collector's edition. I think I'll upgrade to the Colonel and add a ship later down the road. I haven't told the little lady on my newest investment.

I'm torn really on what I want to do. It's just a matter of figuring out which ships I want lifetime insurance on really. Regardless I want a 300i. I want the collector's edition myself. I want the Colonel package for the Hornet and just the Squadron 42 book, but I'd already have a fighter with LTI. I want the Freelancer, but not the Mod manual and the other stuff.

I'm not crazy about the Constellation like most. I'd still love to have it since its higher end ship, but the Freelancer just looks sexier, will cost less to operate, and I won't have to worry bout having people or NPC's manning the rest of the ship. Last 2 is from what I gathered from forum reading. Besides for the price I'd rather have 2 ships with LTI instead of just one.

My wife knows about the current purchase. She didn't take kindly when I told her there might be another.........so I guess I'll just have myself a secret.

For anyone interested in getting more involved with Star Citizen I thought I would post if your interested in helping kickstart a group. I think I'm only the 4th person to join as of now. Pappy created the Robinson Rangers on MWO and used to be Capt John Randle with the 7th Fleet. So some of you old timers might know him. Maybe we can make this the 7th's home for those of us looking to play this game when Star Citizen comes out.

http://45thvols.enjin.com/home

For those of you that are just as eager to play this game as I am and want a home, feel free to once again check out Carrier Strike Group 3. Newly rejoined Capt John Randle of the 7th Fleet has jump started the creation of the unit as Glenn "Pappy" Wade in hopes of building and establishing a home ahead of time. As of now if you join you can request your assignment if anyone would like to come over and help me establish a home for 7th members

For those not aware, if you back you will gain access to the Alpha(dogfighting) which is due to hit this fall. RSI plans to give backers a chance to play pieces of the game all the way up till launch.

I have been assigned as Captain of VMF-58 fighter squadron, the Wild Cards, under Marine Air Group 13 if anyone is interested.
Forum Image

Page 1 of 12

Jump to: