View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you like to see this as a new fleet uniform?
Yes, bring on the new!
81%
 81%  [ 26 ]
No, I like the current fleet uniform better.
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but more RP! (Admirals have Red Command color, not branch)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Poll: Fleet Uniform

With permission of the Chief of Staff, I'm posting my idea on a new uniform to bring us close to the Starfleet standard.  Things slow down during the summer, so what better way then to kick start things off with then something fresh? 

*Fleet Standard Uniform

Uniform: The Odyssey

Why?

• Enhance Roleplay:  The new Odyssey uniform is STO standard.  All colors are closely matched to NPCs.  The 7th Fleet has always been on the RP side of the fence, even though it's nothing enforced.
  • Professional Appearance:  It's sleek and clean.  It draws other players to focus on the 7th Fleet patch on our arms instead of the clash of colors from the current uniform.
  • Displays Commitment: Must be purchased from the SB-643 for dilithium and Fleet Credits.  Displays a new members commitment to be apart of the fleet.  We earned it though    hard work, why not show it off?  It doesn't cost any real money, just time playing the game.
  • Admiral Belt Option:  Just another option for Admirals to look more "I sit behind a desk" and to stand out like they want to.
  • No Belt: I just don't think it looks good for short jacket (see variant design, it includes belt)

Branches: Standard

Why?

• Enhance Roleplay:  In-line with the Star Trek standard. 
  • Branch Badges:  Also in-line with STO uniform, but maintains respect to the TOS era.(For you older guys)
  • Game Standard:  It would bring us to the standard of the game allowing members to be easily identified in game to which branch our character is to other players.
  • Uniformed Appearance:  By adding gold accents to Admirals and Fleet Captains, the uniform as a whole is more uniformed with no added colors but yet minor changes to signify difference.  It draws a players attention to the rank on the color.
  • Maintain Identity: By having Admirals and Fleet Captains maintain branch colors, allows players at a glance to know what role they play without having to remember it or pull up a menu.

*Fleet Variant Uniform

Use the Long Jacket as described, a variant uniform that fleet members can wear.

Why?

-Standard can be added to the Tailor Selection after the update making it easier for new recruits to "put on".

-Same design, but gives Fleet member some sort of option if unlocked.  Much like the Jupiter was with the original TWoK when it was standard.

*ADMIRALS

Last edited by CAPT Huckabee on 07/17/14 19:19; edited 5 times in total

Awarded:

There's an admin post with the actual colors used for the npc uniforms, including admirals, captains, officers, and enlisted. There is no belt for the uniform at this point, so the admins suggested the jupiter belt for officers and the jupiter veteran for admirals. Also, because of the piping, admirals would be wearing the starfleet academy pants. If it's a standard the fleet would like to go with, I'd be more than happy to get the uniform specs posted (if we're going to follow the npc uniform guidelines that it).

Love it! Our current TNG themed uniform seems a little out of date.

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

JC Addams wrote:

There's an admin post with the actual colors used for the npc uniforms, including admirals, captains, officers, and enlisted. There is no belt for the uniform at this point, so the admins suggested the jupiter belt for officers and the jupiter veteran for admirals. Also, because of the piping, admirals would be wearing the starfleet academy pants. If it's a standard the fleet would like to go with, I'd be more than happy to get the uniform specs posted (if we're going to follow the npc uniform guidelines that it).

Downside to that is Academy uniform is a Zen store item (aka has to be bought) and the Veteran jackets come only from sub/lifetime rewards.  The fleet has always been about options that don't cost anyone money and something everyone has access to. But it does make another good option for admirals to use though. The colors I have match NPCs expect for the grey.  I made it a 1 shade lighter just to give it a better look.  Right now just seeing if the fleet wants to go to something like this and the CoS liked the idea.  So we will see how it goes.  If yes I'll get with you for that link to the admin colors.

My 2 cents.  Somewhat partial to the DS9 uniforms or some "no-cost" variant to them.   I do agree with leaving the Admirals color the same as their field, but add gold piping to designate their status.  When I was RADM Clark's Flag Writer/Security Guard, when on official duties, I had to wear the gold piping on my shoulder. (RW Navy)

Just please leave the Federation affiliated Romulans alone; I like my cape.  ;)

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

JC Addams
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

According to the Devs, only Admiral Quinn is supposed to have the gold piping (as the fleet admiral), all other admirals are supposed to have silver piping. That could change though as things do. I was thinking the fleet captains could wear the "official" captain colors, and the captains would wear standard officer colors like Huck's toon in the shot. 

Honestly, I would like to see this open to a contest for the members of the fleet. We could then vote on the best one and adopt it as the fleet uniform for a period of time. After that we could do it all again. If people would be interested in such a contest guidelines need to be established. Something like this:

1. Uniforms must be created using only free costume pieces that are available to every STO player.
  2. Submissions must include all duty colors and departments. (Tac, Eng, Sci, Ambassador, Brass)
  3. All colors must follow the Next Generation and above theme.
  4. Submissions must be in before 23:59:00 EST July 31st.

I would really like to do something like this. I would be even interested in doing all the work. What do you think?

That would be something to talk to the Chief about Chuuya.  I'm just a lowly Captain.

My idea is based on us adapting more to our RP side of things and bringing us in-line with the game/current Starfleet standard uniform, not to just change the uniform to change it.  It wasn't based on creativity like you suggest.  The only thing creative I did with this was Admirals keeping branch colors and gold accents (which I based off Admiral Quinn). 

Chuuya wrote:

Honestly, I would like to see this open to a contest for the members of the fleet. We could then vote on the best one and adopt it as the fleet uniform for a period of time. After that we could do it all again. If people would be interested in such a contest guidelines need to be established. Something like this:

1. Uniforms must be created using only free costume pieces that are available to every STO player.
  2. Submissions must include all duty colors and departments. (Tac, Eng, Sci, Ambassador, Brass)

I would really like to do something like this. I would be even interested in doing all the work. What do you think?

I'd love to see our fleet uniform updated, but I wouldn't want it to become some recurring event. I like that we have a fleet standard and I know that I personally would have no problem adopting an update, but I wouldn't want to change the damn thing every few months.

CAPT Moroski

davisjm0311 wrote:
Chuuya wrote:

I'd love to see our fleet uniform updated, but I wouldn't want it to become some recurring event. I like that we have a fleet standard and I know that I personally would have no problem adopting an update, but I wouldn't want to change the damn thing every few months.

It certainly wouldnt be every few months. More along the lines of yearly or every 18 months.

So would a contest like this be something that the fleet would like to do?

Huckabee40 wrote:

That would be something to talk to the Chief about Chuuya.  I'm just a lowly Captain.

My idea is based on us adapting more to our RP side of things and bringing us in-line with the game/current Starfleet standard uniform, not to just change the uniform to change it.  It wasn't based on creativity like you suggest.  The only thing creative I did with this was Admirals keeping branch colors and gold accents (which I based off Admiral Quinn). 

i understand completely. I was just making the suggestion openly.

I fully support the new uniforms and fully support huckabees design ideas and reasoning. I have been using the Odyssey for T'vaans crew ever since I joined the 7th. It's one of my favorites and I think very true to the design evolution of the Trek uniforms overall. 

Let's make it happen!

Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

I do like the uniform variant. I just want this to be fair for all involved and do not want it to cost real world money. I will bring this up in the next command staff meeting to get a consensus and share the poll numbers. Thanks Huck for shaking the tree again don't you need to arrest somebody or be in a DUI checkpoint somewhere. j/k 

Admiral -

I just found this in the STO Academy forum, coming from Tribble patch notes on 06/30/2014:

The Odyssey Uniform is now a standard uniform all Federation captains freely have access to.

• This uniform will appear in the tailor like any other uniform option.
  • This will be a default uniform template option when making a new Federation captain.
  • The Odyssey Uniform will be removed from the Fleet Store and replaced with a brand new Fleet only uniform.
    • The new Fleet only uniform is still a work in progress and not in its final state but will be available for the launch of season 9.5.
    • The new Fleet only uniform will automatically be available for free to all Fleet members who previously unlocked the Odyssey uniform.

As such and in answer to your question, the Odyssey uniform will be readily available to all captains as of an upcoming patch.  So, should we wait to make changes to the Odyssey uniform then, it will be free for all/zero cost.

Full post can be found here:

http://forum.stoacademy.com/archive/index.php?thread-1847.html

Tactical - Captain

It's DWI (Driving While Impaired) in NC good sir.  Someone has to shake the tree so you don't throw out a hip.  Jason was going mention this proposal at the last meeting but my boo boo bear was sickly and it slipped his mind. So I ask if I could do a poll so y'all had something more to go on in the discussion. 

That's awesome its going to be wide spread now and available to all without unlock. Makes things easier if this is decided on. Thx for  the info Tvaan.

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: