View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you like to see this as a new fleet uniform?
Yes, bring on the new!
81%
 81%  [ 26 ]
No, I like the current fleet uniform better.
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but more RP! (Admirals have Red Command color, not branch)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

re: Poll: Fleet Uniform

But whoa hold up wait... What does the NEW fleet uniform look like that is the question we may have to put this project on hold and wait and see... Oh and Huck in my state where the intelligent people live and propagate it is DUI "Driving Under the Influence". You dam Carolinians.

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin wrote:

But whoa hold up wait... What does the NEW fleet uniform look like that is the question we may have to put this project on hold and wait and see... Oh and Huck in my state where the intelligent people live and propagate it is DUI "Driving Under the Influence". You dam Carolinians.

Actually, Driving While Impaired is a better terminology for the crime.  Shack can influence me to be grumpy or religion can influence one's moral belief. Drugs and alcohol don't influence, they impair your mental and physical capabilities.  Just as an injury may impair your usage of a leg or arm or having a vision impairment that can't be corrected affects your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.  Influence has a broad spectrum of usage where as impaired is more specific.  

Class dismissed.

The New Odyssey Uniforms

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Johnbeaird67 wrote:

The New Odyssey Uniforms

Like the long coat a lot. The fleet's original uniform was the TWoK uniform so I could see the Admirals really liking it. The badge however is ugly.

They could very easily be implemented to this idea.  The only downside would be the originally planned downside of it not being able to be added in the Fleet Uniform tab for easy selection and has to be manually made by the player.

Huckabee40 wrote:
Johnbeaird67 wrote:

The New Odyssey Uniforms

Like the long coat a lot. The fleet's original uniform was the TWoK uniform so I could see the Admirals really liking it. The badge however is ugly.

They could very easily be implemented to this idea.  The only downside would be the originally planned downside of it not being able to be added in the Fleet Uniform tab for easy selection and has to be manually made by the player.

You mean the off white. The first thing i thought. "Hey that would look good if I was an officer over an asylum.

JC Addams
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

The "official" uniforms have now been published: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/6003273

These are the same colors I was referring to in my original post in this thread from the dev, only now, they're "official"  Except they took out the starfleet acadamy pants with the piping

No no no, not the off white look to the link JC shared.  Same jacket, but in the link John shared it showed them in the black but with white trim (not fond of it).

I don't really like the white on the "Captain" uniform personally with the white, kinda breaks up the uniformity of things even though it's claimed to be the standard.  I also don't think the belt looks good with short jacket, even though again it is standard.  I think the design of the uniform looks a lot better without the belt, at least for short jacket.

I like my current idea the best.  It's standard base but still has some unique qualities.  It could easily adjust if want to go default colors.  My shoulders are a different gray and the trim is silver instead of darker shade branch color.  I do stand by Admirals having the gold trim, it just looks sharp.

But if we do go with anything besides the original design I laid out, my vote would be with the long jacket & belt but still use standard colors.  Essentially same design, just more dressy. 

Or we could do like we did when we had TWoK uniforms and you was allowed the Jupiter Variant.  Have short jacket uniform with no belt as "standard" so it can be added easy to tailor.  Then have the Long dress jacket as the "variant" fleet uniform that members can wear if they want to unlock.

Ok, I updated the original post to include the long jacket.  See it for more details.  Basically giving members a "choice" for what to wear.  One design with belt (long coat) and must be obtained from in-game unlock from SB-643.  The original design without belt for "standard" uniform to be easily added to tailor selection after Season 9.5.

Overall though I would saw the majority of the fleet wants to move toward the design, so I'm sure no one would argue adding the Long Coat in addition.

Request a sticky/front page to this thread********

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/6003273

Glad to know the KDF side is getting a little attention also.  Meanwhile, our Romulan friends probably have the best uniform choices in the game, IMHO. 

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Johnbeaird67

The Uniform pics I shared was form A post on sto/reddit. He got the info off of tribble.

JC Addams
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I didn't propose the colors, those are the standard colors for the uniforms. Personally, I don't have enough say-so to proclaim anything. lol

Oh, btw, the long jacket is a 200 day veteran reward, so it's not exactly free...

Long coat, dress jacket, whatever its called. The one I added to original post is not the veteran reward coat. Its the one unlocked with Fleet Store.

Awarded:

like Huck, me & my crew are already in the Odyssey uniform. The only differences i've chosen is no belt & i'm using the "All Good Things" comm badge. i just like the way it looks... not to mention i paid for it, so... LOL i also am using gold rank devices. they pop better than the silver does against gray.

"No Horizon, Too Distant"
Tvaan

re: Official Odyssey Color Schemes

FYI - I found the official color schemes for the Odyssey uniforms - Huck was right on target for most of them:

OFFICER:

• Belt: Jupiter I1, I11, I7, I2
  • The "Odyssey" belt used on NPCs is currently unavailable for players, the Jupiter belt is a good approximation
  • Lower: Odyssey I1
  • Feet Odyssey I1, I1

-- Tactical

• Upper: Odyssey I1, A8, H22, A1

• Badge: Command Insignia A5

-- Science

• Upper: Odyssey I1, E9, H22, E24

• Badge: Science Insignia A5

-- Engineering

• Upper: Odyssey I1, C8, H22, C24

• Badge: Operations Insignia A5

CAPTAIN

• Upper: Odyssey I1, A8, H12, A1

Rest identical to officer uniform.

FLAG OFFICER

*Note: This is not the color/piece set Quinn wears - he's the head honcho so he gets light gold color on his commbadge and jupiter belt that players can't access. The set below isn't seen in any of the NPCs in Earth Spacedock currently, but I'll probably be updating Non-Quinn admirals with it as we continue to standardize NPC costumes throughout the game.

• Upper: Odyssey I1, A8, I1, H12
  • Belt: Jupiter Veteran I1 F5
  • Lower: Odyssey: I1
  • Feet: Odyssey: I1

ENLISTED

• Belt: Jupiter I1, I1, I1, H20
  • Feet: Boots Soft I1, I1, I1

-- Tactical

• Upper: Odyssey H21, I1, A6, I1

• Lower: The Wrath of Khan Q21, A4

-- Science

• Upper: Odyssey H21, I1 E8, I1

• Badge: Science Insignia A5

• Lower: The Wrath of Khan Q21 H3

-- Engineering

• Upper: Odyssey H21, I1, C8, I1

• Badge: Operations Insignia A5

• Lower: The Wrath of Khan Q21, B2

Complete post is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/23x9t8/unofficial_s9_ody_uniform_variants/ch218ya

Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

oooo...shame on you Tvaan, you just confimed the colors and things I said. :)

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: