View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Canon Event #1: The Dominion War

Looks like fun.  Hopefully, I will make it back into North Carolina by the time the event starts.  I already have a fully loaded Breen Chel Grett with full Breen Set and polaron weapons.   Can also go with my K'T'inga with full disruptor set. 

Praise be to the Obamas Founders for they are wise in all things!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Edward Hau wrote:

Fleet projects are queued as soon as someone is available to queue it and are queued as often as possible... If nothing is available and all projects are running then please be patient. If there are projects not running and have needed resources but you don't have those resources, go get them...

Thank you for your business. 

Totally agree with this.........

........but to one flaw, that we might want to explore.  Shifting away from the doff heavy projects being main focus.  Although they are great and can be quicker, you end up losing FC in buying the guys to put into the project.  Recruiting can be done, but it's slower.  I know there have been times in past when the only thing up is doffs to contribute.  But if you don't have the FC from being able to unload other items high in FC flow, like marks and dilithium, you can't contribute.  I know I burnt through around 250k FC alone in doffs when we was pushing Military T5.  Since all slots beside the doffs were filled, I "lost" all that with no profit.  That's 250k that could of been used to buy goodies, but I had no other slots to dump other items in to make any FC.

No one seems to be camping the cool downs like they use to be, but at the same time it's all about timing when you get on.   If these guys are like me and they are stuck with just putting in doffs, then it's pointless when trying to earn FC for gear.

My opinion is to open all projects in all depts back up.  If you can't get someone to slot stuff everyday, find someone who can log on at least 3-4 minutes a day who can.

This sounds like the best idea ever! I will endeavor to be there. I have a Dominion Dreadnaught, or my soverign and both can be kitted out to either specifications. I will run the missions tomorrow night to get the jemhadar equipment again to fully outfit my Dreadnought. I am happy being on either side!

Looking forward to this!

I dont know if this is mentioned or not, but what time (24hour) and what timezone?

Gerron Vek

Edward Hau wrote:

Fleet projects are queued as soon as someone is available to queue it and are queued as often as possible... If nothing is available and all projects are running then please be patient. If there are projects not running and have needed resources but you don't have those resources, go get them...

Thank you for your business. 

but they aren't.  At least not since I've rejoined on the 2nd.  The starbase has projects up but like Huck says it is pretty much down to doffs which I have a hard time contributing to.   but the spire, embassy, and mine have been blank for nearly a week.

gricks

The "Fleet Mark Dump" Is usually up once or twice a week. It has been down for a bit now. I have about 520 marks I am just sitting on. 

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

gricks wrote:

I have about 520 marks I am just sitting on. 

You kinda just explained half the problem (not saying you're a problem).  People have to sit on their marks, a lot of marks, before they can unload them.  So when something does open, whoever is lucky enough to dump all their marks first, leaves the other members high and dry when it comes to earning, like I stated, the "high" Fleet Credit earnings. 

Sorry,  I didn't mean to derail like this.  We probably should move this discussion elsewhere.

Back on topic.   Is an Ambassador class alright to use?  It isn't on the list but I think it is available in the timeline.

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Valeʼncynos wrote:

xlxMAVERICxlx if funding cannot be provided there are two missions that at max level offer Blue MK XI weapons.  Diplomatic Orders: Photon and Quantum with ACC.  Everything Old is New: Phaser Beam Arrays with Dmgx2 or CrtDx2.  Just a(n) alternative to think about, a ship load out could be done in a few hours with replay being a 30min CD.

Hey Mav,
If you run the mission "Surface Tension" roughly 3 or 4 times, you can garner a little over a million EC. You can escape (Esc key on your keyboard) out of the video sequences and it takes about 30 minutes to run through everything, take all the drops and an extra minute at the end to collect the 480 dilithium at the end.  And collect everything you can.  When the planet killer at the end is destroyed, close the popup prompting you to go down to the planet (click the X in the upper right hand corner), fly back towards the planet - to the group of ships on the other side of the asteroids and search around for any uncollected drops.  After you are sure, you have collected everything go down to Qo'noS, talk to everyone, when the video starts hit the Esc on your keyboard and skip it.  Talk to Tuvok and beam up to your ship, collect you end of mission reward, usually Dilithium.  I've collected all the rewards so I just go for the in-game currency.  I take all the drops to a vendor and sell - keeping only the consumables I use for DOff missions.  I average a little over 400k EC per run, and you can replay the mission every hour with the same results.  After a few runs, just buy what you need on the Exchange.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Baldwin Praji
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Gerron Vek wrote:

Sorry,  I didn't mean to derail like this.  We probably should move this discussion elsewhere.

Back on topic.   Is an Ambassador class alright to use?  It isn't on the list but I think it is available in the timeline.

Ambassador is perfect.  I forgot to add it.  Will do so now!

no more hijacking threads please....

To close the project topic here, there aren't really any non-doff projects to queue, they pretty much ALL require doffs (and not just doffs we need for the main focus) and the ones that don't require massive amounts of dilithium.  Also we feel we have the right amount of personnel in place to queue projects at a good rate, i was absent over the weekend so that's probably why the FM project wasn't re-queued.  The FM project will be a permanent project from now on and just like all the other projects will be queued as someone is available to queue it and as it is required to be queued.  This topic has been discussed many times at the staff meetings and our process has be refined over the years of this entire endeavor, and we certainly welcome any input anyone has on ways to make things better for us all. (just not while hijacking other threads)

Again, thank you for your business.

and so as not to disappoint, i'll add the Hau touch to this post and say STFU huck! 

Awarded:

Edward Hau wrote:

STFU huck! 

Yea, what do I know.....not like I was Fleet Ops twice and streamlined the push to T5......

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:
Edward Hau wrote:

STFU huck! 

Yea, what do I know.....not like I was Fleet Ops twice and streamlined the push to T5......

and then you quit and now you just bitch about the good old days when you did everything right

Good news.   The USS Manitoba, Ambassador class, is now ready to fight the dominion,  I really wish there was a T5 or Temporal Ambasador  version of this ship.  This is going to hurt :)   Any excuse to bring out the old girl though.  I always liked how the Ambassador class looked.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Gerron Vek wrote:

Good news.   The USS Manitoba, Ambassador class, is now ready to fight the dominion,  I really wish there was a T5 or Temporal Ambasador  version of this ship.  This is going to hurt :)   Any excuse to bring out the old girl though.  I always liked how the Ambassador class looked.

should we tell him?

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: