View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Baldwin Praji
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Upcoming Canon Event Plans

CONFIRMED FOR NEXT MONTH:

Conflict 2267

Battle of Cestus III - Gorn Attack on Federation Colony (Ground)

- Gorn Equipment:  Disruptors
    - Federation Equipment:  Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 Phasers

*  I Have a Large Number of Type 1 Phasers Stockpiled, but you can get one by doing the "Past Imperfect" mission.  Type 2 and Type 3 Phasers can be gained by doing the "Night of the Comet" Mission.  Type 2 Phasers also come with the TOS Bundle along with the Uniforms and can be found on the C-Store.*

*TOS Disruptors can be gained by doing the "Night of the Comet" Mission.*

Federation Uniform - Any TOS Variant or if you don't have this, you can be a colonist and wear any Civilian Outfit.

Gorn Uniform - Try not to wear the Klingon Style

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klingon-Federation War of 2267 (Space)

- Klingon Equipment D7 Battlecruisers (K'Tinga Battle Cruiser Will Also be Accepted)
       Disruptor Weapons and Photon Torpedos ONLY!!!!

-Federation Equipment Constitution Class Ships (Refits will be accepted)
      Phasers and Photon Torpedos ONLY!!! 

*Proper Retrofit Phasers can be Obtained by doing the "Everything Old is New" Mission*

SPACE RULES AND EQUIPMENT:

(This is to Make it Close to Canon and to Even it out So that it is Fair!)

Federation:

SHIPS: Light Cruiser ~ Miranda

Constitution Cruiser ~ TOS Constitution

Cruiser ~ Constitution Refit

Cruiser Refit ~ Constitution Skin

WEAPONS:  Retrofit Phasers Obtained by doing the "Everything Old is New" Mission ****THIS IS THE PREFERRED WEAPON****

Phasers MK III ~ White Obtained From Requisition Officer on ESD Near Ship Selector

Photon Torpedos MK I ~ White Obtained From Requisition Officer on ESD Near Ship Selector

SETUP: Front ~ Phasers/Torpedo, Rear ~ Phasers

EQUIPMENT:  Shields/Deflector/Engines/Warp Core ~ MK I White Obtained From Requisition Officer on ESD Near Ship Selector

1 Engineering/1 Science/1 Tactical Consoles ~ White, Lieutenant Level Obtained From Exchange

OFFICER SKILLS:  3 Lieutenant Skills Only

Klingons:

SHIPS: K'T'Inga Battle Cruiser ~ D7 Skin

Koro'T'Inga Battle Cruiser ~ D7 Skin

K'T'Inga Battle Cruiser Retrofit ~ D7 Skin

Fleet K'T'Inga Battle Cruiser Retrofit ~ D7 Skin

WEAPONS:  1 White MK I Disruptor Canon or MK I Disruptor Beam Forward Mounted Obtained From Requisition Officer In Shipyard

Photon Torpedos MK I ~ White Obtained From Requisition Officer In Shipyard

SETUP: Front ~ Disruptors/Torpedo, Rear ~ Photon Torpedos

EQUIPMENT:  Shields/Deflector/Engines/Warp Core ~ MK I White Obtained From Requisition Officer In Shipyard

1 Engineering/1 Science/1 Tactical Consoles ~ White, Lieutenant Level Obtained From Exchange

OFFICER SKILLS:  3 Lieutenant Skills Only

(We tested these out and these are FAIR and Accurate setups!  This is to keep the game even since the Klingon Ships are a bit tougher!)

Please Try and Stick to these Rules!

Last edited by Baldwin Praji on 08/27/14 11:36; edited 10 times in total

Awarded:

Future Events (No Particular Order)

Battle of Caleb IV 2260s - Klingons Vs Federation

Neutral Zone Incursion 2266 - Romulans Vs Federation

Balance of Terror Mini Scenario

Battle of Klach D'Kel Brakt 2271- Klingons Vs Romulans

Battle of the Mutara Nebula 2285 - Constitution Vs. Miranda

Federation-Klingon Cold War Late 23rd Century

First Battle of Khitomer Mini Scenario (Star Trek VI)

Klingon Bird-of-Prey Raids Mini Scenarios (Star Trek III, Star Trek V)

Federation-Romulan Cold War 24th Century

Kobiashi Maru Scenario - Federation Vs Klingon

Federation-Cardassian War 2340-2371

Battle of Narendra III 2344 - Federation & Klingons Vs Romulans

Klingon-Romulan War -2340s - Klingons Vs Romulans

Federation-Tholian Conflict 2353

Battle of Maxia 2355

Klingon Civil War 2367-2368- Klingon Vs Klingon

Dominion Cold War 2370-2373 - Federation Vs Dominion

Federation-Klingon War 2372-2373

Dominion War 2373-2375-Many Scenarios for this!

Battle in the Bassen Rift 2379-Federation & Romulans Vs Remans

PLUS MANY MINI SCENARIOS TO ACCOMPANY THESE!!!

Last edited by Baldwin Praji on 08/30/14 20:23; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Looks great!  I have made up more ribbons for klingon and romulan enemies; I'll add some more for fed v. fed scenarios and fed v. tholians.

Awarded:

You gents have done a SUPER job with this!  Thanks for making it happen.

Awarded:

Well done sir, well done...

Awarded:

Could we please schedule this event for September 12th & 13th.  I have those days off from work.

I do have some concern over the next space one you are wanting to do.  a K'tinga is a Tier 3 ship while the Constitution and refit is tier 1 and 2 respectively.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I want to stress that I feel this is not a PVP event.  It is a roleplay event.  These are not wargames; and as such, there are no winners or losers.  I strongly urge both Command and the Fleet at large to maintain a relaxed atmosphere to these events.  Let's not get ourselves bogged down with rules and ego.

Awarded:

OH EMM GEE - Mutara Nebula battle! Khaaaaaannnnnn!

I find it fun win lose or draw, but if it became an issue core equipment and consoles could be limited to common items with a restricted Mk level. 

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Gerron Vek wrote:

I do have some concern over the next space one you are wanting to do.  a K'tinga is a Tier 3 ship while the Constitution and refit is tier 1 and 2 respectively.

In addition, there's a Fleet K'Tinga, which is Tier 5 and pretty decent.

We could do it like when we did the Zombie Apocalypse ground scenario, where one or a very few higher tier ships would fight a horde of lower tier ships.  Could still be fun.

Oh we should definitely do the Zombie Horde scenario again-- for October, Halloween!  Don't let me forget that for the September Staff Meeting!

sparrow794 wrote:

I want to stress that I feel this is not a PVP event.  It is a roleplay event.  These are not wargames; and as such, there are no winners or losers.  I strongly urge both Command and the Fleet at large to maintain a relaxed atmosphere to these events.  Let's not get ourselves bogged down with rules and ego.

All the more reason to nip this concern early.  The difference here is not insignificant.  Heck, I'm pretty sure the Klingons have access to Tier 5 K'tingas.  While this might not be super serious mode PvP we are still engaging in PvP.  If anything the RPed events should have rules to help ensure a fun atmosphere is kept. 

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Valeʼncynos wrote:

I find it fun win lose or draw, but if it became an issue core equipment and consoles could be limited to common items with a restricted Mk level. 

Maybe this idea would make some of these scenario events more fun. Limit equipment for the ships to cheap Common [white] ship components and weapons.  That way anyone can play and have more fun with it even if they just leveled to 50, and haven't started the gear grind yet.  

We do that for the Bat'Leth tournaments, after all, we strip everyone's shields and armor off and give them a MK1 Bat'Leth.  Why not do the same thing with some of the space events?  If the goal is just to have fun and recreate a historical scenario, rather than to prep and practice for PvP so as to impress other Fleets if need be, then why not try that once in a while?

If a ship is higher tier, then it could use a lower tier set of gear as in the suggestion.  Or for an even simpler solution, just limit all participating ships to the same number of weapon, console, battery, and BOFF station slots as the lowest common denominator, the Connie cruiser.  Equip them with cheap, MK1 white gear so it would cost practically nothing to outfit them with no grind required, although you may have to buy a ship to participate if you don't have it yet.

COMO Kor wrote:
Valeʼncynos wrote:

Maybe this idea would make some of these scenario events more fun. Limit equipment for the ships to cheap Common [white] ship components and weapons.  That way anyone can play and have more fun with it even if they just leveled to 50, and haven't started the gear grind yet.  

We do that for the Bat'Leth tournaments, after all, we strip everyone's shields and armor off and give them a MK1 Bat'Leth.  Why not do the same thing with some of the space events?  If the goal is just to have fun and recreate a historical scenario, rather than to prep and practice for PvP so as to impress other Fleets if need be, then why not try that once in a while?

If a ship is higher tier, then it could use a lower tier set of gear as in the suggestion.  Or for an even simpler solution, just limit all participating ships to the same number of weapon, console, battery, and BOFF station slots as the lowest common denominator, the Connie cruiser.  Equip them with cheap, MK1 white gear so it would cost practically nothing to outfit them with no grind required, although you may have to buy a ship to participate if you don't have it yet.

This sounds pretty reasonable to me.   IT will also give us all plenty of time to get the ships together as the event is still a month away.

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

To run further with the idea from my last post, consider this.  The dreaded Constitution class Federation cruiser has the following statistics:

• 3 Weapon Slots [2 fore and 1 aft]
  • 12,000 hull
  • 2500 standard shields
  • 200 crew
  • 3 Ensign BO slots
  • 2 device slots
  • 5 console slots [1 tac, 2 eng, and 1 sci]
  • And some other misc stuff including cruiser powers and +3 power level bonus.

So just set up the scenario so that all ships are limited to Common Mk1 gear and can populate no more than the following on them:

• 3 Weapon Slots [if you have more you get to choose which ones, but 3 max total and no cannons allowed]
  • 3 Ensign BO slots or fewer [as long as the total BO powers added to your tray add up to a maximum of 3]
  • 2 device slots
  • 5 console slots [if you have more you get to choose which ones but don't equip more than 5 total]

That should make all the Tier 1 through 3 ships be able to blast each other quite competitively.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: