View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrendorLeises

re: Cruisers

I'm quickly approaching the rank of Vice-Admiral with my engineering captain, Kriandre. Since I received such great advice on science ships, I thought I'd return to ask for advice on cruisers. I have a build that I'm just having a blast flying. It does superbly with attracting attention and dealing out some decent damage. It's one heck of a beast. I'm just wondering what are some fun and/or really good cruisers to fly at the rank of Vice-Admiral.

I'm currently flying a star cruiser. I'm thinking a fleet advanced cruiser is pretty popular and common. I'm thinking maybe a c-store or lockbox ship maybe. I don't enjoy playing a role and playing it well, but I also like having fun with something non-conventional or maybe even a niche. There's just so many cool looking ships that I don't know where to begin. I certainly don't want to waste hard earned credits or zen.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I really like the Regent (Store version of the Assault Cruiser.) I also have a character that flies the Heavy Cruiser Retrofit (Refit? Whichever requires the ship modules), and since I'm apparently one of the relative few people playing the game that likes the quad nacelle look, it's really fun for me to fly.

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

It depends on what you want to do.  I can only give you my own experiences with cruisers and make guesses at the rest.

If you're interested in tanking and holding threat, my guess is a Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit would be a good place to start.  With a beam heavy loadout, some threat generating consoles and 6+ points into Starship Threat Control, Beam Fire at Will, and assorted defensive BOff skills, you can grab the attention of a number of targets and survive.  A tech (A2B) build would probably be very viable on this ship.

I personally fly a Fleet Avenger Battle Cruiser as my main go-to ship, and use a Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit (Regent version: Assault Cruiser Refit) as my 'roleplay' ship.  I, however, am a Tactical Officer.  My focus is AoE DPS.  Both ships are using an A2B build with a lot of beams.

That's an old graphic, so my build is a bit more updated from this, but that gives you a general idea.  Maybe I'll do up a new one for my Avenger; but in any case, those would probably have to be my 3 favorite Federation cruisers in the game.

That's what I'm running. I love my A2B x2 build. I have disruptor beam arrays all around. I love being tanky but this build delivers some serious punch, too. I like being the tank but "tanky" dps is nice as well. I plan to level a tac captain for just balls to the wall dps.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I've been curious about carriers; some of our captains use them quite effectively.

Awarded:

If you have any questions about the Obelisk (standard) or Vo'Quv carriers, I could help you out. I have no experience with the Atrox or any of the other carrier ships.

I fly the Fleet Assault Cruiser Sovereign Class. I use 6 Fleet PHaser Arrays, Fleet Quantum, Omega Borg Cutting Beam, MACO MK12 Engines, and Deflector, with a Fleet Covarient Shield(The high shield count shields), Along with the Assimilated Console, this gives me both the 2 part bonuses to the MACO Set and the Omega Amplifier set, giving me an offhanded bonus to damage and durability. I am still fiddling around with my Engineering and Science Consoles. My 4 count tactical consoles are all devoted to Phaser damage increase. While my damage is not amazing, it is enough, and I can easily withstand borg/undine firepower. 

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Jump to: