View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

re: R&D and you, Hourly faction reuptation rewards.

Diving into the R&D system and wondering how everyone is going about it.  Myself, just doing the 20hr research exp. gains.

Kinda hard to put this into a question but the reward boxes from the hourly factions missions/quests/what ever they are, what are the percentages per type of item?  I think I got lucky with Counter command in that early into tier 1 i got mostly beam arrays, but now doing tier 5 its mostly just cannons and ground weapons.  I think what Im trying to get at is that is tier 1 rewards mapped out differently than tier 5?  I would like to get refracting beam arrays from nukara without having to pour dilithium into the store, as well protonic polaron from dyson joint command.

Hopefully that came out sensible?

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

With the number of characters I have, running the 20 hour R&D tasks is by far the most efficient way for me to work on those skills. It also bypasses using a lot of materials for items that may or may not sell on the exchange.

As to the question of rarity/distribution of items at the end of PvE event boxes - I haven't the slightest. I'm sure someone out there is crunching the numbers to figure it out, but I haven't even seen it mentioned in the TTS or DOFFJOBS channel, where such a channel is likely to be mentioned once it's known about.

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

The 20 hour missions only give you half as much experience per unit of time than if you are actively making items.  So, when I log in, I craft actual things while I'm playing.  Mark IV items take 15 minutes, Mark VI items take an hour; so I can usually get through a few cycles of that before setting up the 20 hour missions and logging out.  Personally, I am only doing crafting on my main character, it is too much trouble to do it on anything else for me.

As for the ongoing support missions, I couldn't say.  It's just a matter of luck on whether or not you actually get something you want to use.

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:

The 20 hour missions only give you half as much experience per unit of time than if you are actively making items.  So, when I log in, I craft actual things while I'm playing.  Mark IV items take 15 minutes, Mark VI items take an hour; so I can usually get through a few cycles of that before setting up the 20 hour missions and logging out.  Personally, I am only doing crafting on my main character, it is too much trouble to do it on anything else for me.

As for the ongoing support missions, I couldn't say.  It's just a matter of luck on whether or not you actually get something you want to use.

That's a great way to go if you focus on a few characters. With 14 or so characters, the 20 hour tasks are simply much more time efficient for me.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: