View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Canon Weekend, SB24, and GMF, Sept.2014

Last edited by sparrow794 on 09/27/14 15:13; edited 1 time in total

Am I to understand that no Canon events will be held at European-accessible hours?

If memory serves, the previous answer to my request was like: "Ok, no problem"...?

Awarded:

Are the rules for the Canon events the same as August (TOS-era uniforms and gear)?

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Marcielia Thessalis wrote:

Am I to understand that no Canon events will be held at European-accessible hours?

If memory serves, the previous answer to my request was like: "Ok, no problem"...?

I will try to see this is brought up at our next meeting.  I am not sure if it was me you spoke with or maybe Mister Kor, who typically runs the European events.  I apologize if someone didn't bring it up this last time around.

You might also try to and speak to our new ops officer, Mister Praji, as he is responsible for proposing events during the meetings.

Mark Speed wrote:

Are the rules for the Canon events the same as August (TOS-era uniforms and gear)?

The thread for information on the re-enactment this month can be found at the following thread:

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10389627&gid=84053

Yay, I'm off then!!!!

Awarded:

I have the Game Spot Collector's Edition Connie with special Blue Phaser Beam Arrays (Infinity devices rank up with the level of the toon - currently 163.9 DPS with a +2% Critical Chance and rated as a Rare weapon system).  I went ahead and bought the MK III just in case the Blue Phasers are unacceptable, since the MK IIIs are rated at 102.9 DPS.  The torpedo goes without question. 

What are acceptable devices, or should we leave them empty?  Red Matter device didn't exist in the original canon, which is the same for most everything but Batteries.  In fact, the only device I can think of would be Auxiliary Batteries, which would have been standard on the Connie and the D7 in that era of the canon, and maybe shield batteries for the Fed side and the Klingons would have weapon batteries.  But, that would have been it.  Myself, I would say just Aux Batteries for both sides. 

What is the consensus?

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10389627&gid=84053

This link goes to the thread that covers acceptable consoles, weapons, and core ship items.  As far as devices I'm not taking any, I don't know about anyone else

Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Thanks.  If we need more on the Klingon side is a Romulan acceptable with a similar Mk I / White loadout?  Or would you prefer to keep it just Fed/Klingon for simplicity?

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I see there are not many rules for the ground portion which is fine but I do have 1 suggestion.

BAN security teams from both sides for Tactical characters.  Security teams will beam in with the current 2410 uniforms, so it would break the RP atmosphere of things.

Also the Retrofit phaser are Mk XI.  Is there any reason if you don't have those the other option is Mk III phasers, instead of same level of Mk XI?

Another thing is that you are not able to use up to 3 LT skills.  At max the Constitution cruiser has 1 LT skill, with the rest at Ensign lvl.  Was it meant to be 3 Ensigns lvl skills?

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:

I see there are not many rules for the ground portion which is fine but I do have 1 suggestion.

BAN security teams from both sides for Tactical characters.  Security teams will beam in with the current 2410 uniforms, so it would break the RP atmosphere of things.

Also the Retrofit phaser are Mk XI.  Is there any reason if you don't have those the other option is Mk III phasers, instead of same level of Mk XI?

Another thing is that you are not able to use up to 3 LT skills.  At max the Constitution cruiser has 1 LT skill, with the rest at Ensign lvl.  Was it meant to be 3 Ensigns lvl skills?

This is all a work in progress.  We may have to scale the weapons to how it works out.  So far we have tested the retrofit and the various Marks of phasers, and the rules I came up with were the best so far.  Agreed on the no security teams.

I'm not trying to be negative.................but,

I'd ask when we do events, especially ones like this weekend, that require you to have specific stuff set up..... to actually take advantage of the fact the rules and info were posted in advance.  That way we can be ready to actually start.

I don't get to make events much anymore because they fall on my work weekends.  So when I show up when I'm suppose to at 2030 ready to roll because I set up in advance, but I only get to play 15-20 minutes and spend well over 60 minutes waiting on people because they didn't prepare or bother reading the guidelines........well it sucks guys and drains the fun.  

+1 to Capt Huckabee above

Best question from last night:  From Captain Huckabee "Does anyone read the forums?"

I would like to thank those who showed up late and unprepared and ruining this event for those of us that were on-time (+/-) and prepared.   Is it so hard to read the forums, plan in advance,  and come "on-time"?   (The 7th Fleet definition for being "on-time" is 30 minutes after the scheduled event is supposed to start).  This event was planned for two nights, so if you couldn't be on-time on Friday, you could do it on Saturday.

To the Officers who worked hard to put this together and Fleet Officers who tried to move things along, I thank you for your time and dedication. 

Note:  It's been almost 24 hours and I'm still PO'd, hence the above. 

"If you got hate in your heart, let it out!" - Clayton Biggsby, 21st Century Terran Poet &  Philosopher

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

+1 to Capt Huckabee above

Best question from last night:  From Captain Huckabee "Does anyone read the forums?"

Pretty sure that was me, or we both said it. At the risk of sounding like a dick - we have forums for a reason and one of the expectations of our members is that you will check the forums a minimum of once a month. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there is no way for you to keep informed about everything going on in the fleet if you only check it once a month.

We don't like to leave people out of events, because we don't want members to feel excluded or disrespected. The flip side of that coin is to be ready for a fleet event, because causing a delay of over 30 minutes (which I'd say is generous) is being disrespectful to those that were online and ready.

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Probably preaching to the choir here, as the people who were ready come to the forums regularly, and the ones who weren't don't, so those folks probably won't read any of this.  

A lot of your success in this game revolves around how well you prepare.  Getting a ship setup properly is complex.  There are a lot of things to look at.  Your captain spec, your traits, your bridge officers and their traits, your duty officers, weaponry, consoles, figuring out your away team, your kit, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

So having to set up a ship for this should be something you think about before logging in.  Even if there weren't RP rules in effect, you'd still want to prep.  Logging in at five minutes after 7 and then asking a bunch of questions about what you should be doing when people have gone out of there way to make sure that information was readily available a week beforehand is not acceptable.

In the future - if I am forced to take command of an event - if you are not ready, you will be referred to the forums to figure it out while the rest of us play a map.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: