View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: "Hobo" Vapes Build

Some things I can't just let go, especially when it comes to new language usage and/or terminology. 

The other night on Drazona Station, professional PvP types where talking strategy out loud for the unwashed masses to hear.   The kept mentioning "Hobo Vapes," when unwashed masses, such as myself would ask out loud, we were ignored.  Ah, to be PvP Elite in STO.   So it took a bit of research, but I found several mentions to it.  This was the best:

http://jupiterforce.org/showthread.php?37472-Vaper-build

The "Hobo" reference is to those who solo the various PvP space arenas in search of helpless prey.   I sure there are other names for this type of build and will be corrected in 4, 3, 2, 1....  by our own Fleet Engineers. 

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

A bunch of us have encountered this build in the Kerrat system. I've heard it called a vape, gank, and bitch build...easy as hell to counter with a science ship, but it does exactly what it claims...they decloak and the target usually explodes before they finish decloaking.  At that point a simple tractor beam ends them unless they can cloak away.

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

It's essentially built off builds that have been around.  My first "deadly" build on my Defaint, 3 years ago mind you, was an alpha strike build very similar.  I'm sure some might remember it.  I use to do the same thing in Capture and Holds all the time for fun.  I'd buff up and my BO III with HY III along with my cannons and could melt a target before my decloak visual ended.

It's perfect for easy kills in CnH and Kerrat if played right.  Just not that great against teams and players who regularly PvP and know how to counter.  In 1vs1 you can hear the guy buffing before he decloaks on you.

That looks interesting. It may be enough to get me interested PvP (Only with my fleetmates, of course).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: