View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Lifetime Value

So looking at my account today, i noticed i have been a LifeTime subscriber for 1,707 days (dang, just missed 1,701) 

I decided to do the math. The usual $14.99 per month that i tend to pay in other games comes to $180 a Year.

Or $0.493 a day.

Or $841.81 for 1,707 days.

Totally worth it!

(Granted if i were paying per month, i would not have kept it active the entire time, but even then still totally worth the initial $200 investment)

Awarded:

I have to totally agree cause I'm at 2,212 days myself. Was def worth it.. and honestly the way this new expansion is looking.. its still worth it. 

Awarded:

Where are you checking account membership time? Arc only shows membership for that service.

Awarded:

Really wondering why im only at 1707 if you are 2212... i bought my lifetime while in closed beta... the first day they offered lifetime.

*Edit* wait a second.. 2,212 days is 6.06 years... is STO 6 years old?

Also: To see your time, go to:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/game

(Doing so in the Arc Launcher shows in days, not years / months / days)

Awarded:

lol oops I think i added my months up wrong here but i've been subbed for 4 years, 8 months and 8 days. So you figure 365 per year so 365*4=1460+1 for leap year gives 1461 then 8 months (assuming all 31 days) is 8*31=248+1461+8 days=1717 days so yeah I messed up my months there. Was kinda odd, but just assumed lol, but yeah 5 year celebration this coming Feb and with open and close beta you could possible say its six years old.

Last edited by Anton Mercer on 09/27/14 10:53; edited 1 time in total

math math math.... fuck all your maths... we got them good, especially with the free zen every month...

Awarded:

4 years, 7 months, 29 days.

If memory serves, the Lifetime Sub was first offered at a discount of $270. So, if you got it with the initial offer, like I did, and have played since the beginning, you've been making money for a little over 3 years. No complaints here.

Awarded:

i thought the Lifetime was offered during beta for $200, then after went to normal price of $300

*Edit* Looked it up, all the sales are listed on STO Wiki:

Cost[edit]

The standard cost of the lifetime subscription is $299.99 USD.

For special events, this cost is on sale:

• $239.99 (Pre-Order - Saturday, January 16 to 11:59 PM on Monday, February 1, 2010 PST/GMT–8)
  • $239.99 (One Year Anniversary - 6 AM on Tuesday, January 25 to 10 AM on Friday, February 4, 2011 PST/GMT–8)
  • $239.99 (Tax Relief Weekend - Thurdsay, April 14 through 10 AM on Monday, April 18, 2011 PST/GMT–8)
  • $199.99 (Season 5 Release - Thursday, December 1 to 10 AM on Monday, December 19, 2011 PDT/GMT–7)
  • $199.99 (Graduation sale - Tuesday, June 5 to 3 PM on Friday, June 29, 2012 PDT/GMT–7)
  • $199.99 (Instant Veteran Reward perks launch - Tuesday, October 9 through 12 PM on Monday, November 12, 2012 PDT/GMT–7)
  • $199.99 (Legacy of Romulus launch - Tuesday, May 21 through 10 AM on Friday, June 21, 2013 PDT/GMT–7)
  • $199.99 (Season 8 Release - Tuesday, November 12 through 10 AM on Thursday, December 5, 2013 PDT/GMT–7)
  • $199.99 (Season 9 During Summer Event - Thursday, June 19 through 10 AM on Thursday, July 10, 2014 PDT/GMT–7)

In comparison, the standard monthly subscription prices are:

• $14.99 USD per month (1 month interval)
  • $13.99 USD per month (3 month interval)
  • $12.99 USD per month (6 month interval)

For players interested in playing over the long-term (especially with a gold account), the lifetime subscription can offer substantial savings.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lifetime_subscription

Guess i was wrong. Dont know why i remember 200.

Awarded:

I remember only paying about 200-215 never 240 at the time of beta that the listsays... so i'm with you in the no clue department Marcus

"The only absolute in the universe is Math!" - Dr. Who (Tom Baker, the Doctor with the long scarf and ate Jelly Babies)

It is indeed a good value, especially if you only paid $200.  As Capt Hau pointed out above, it's the Zen that adds icing to the cake. 

Cheers!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

500 zen = $5 right... now lets see, let me math this up a bit...

4 years 8 months = 56 months * 500 zen a month = 28,000 Zen = $280

wow, did not even think about that aspect of it.

Awarded:

lol its kinda like we didn't pay... >_> lol

I agree, while I am not hugely active, I still put about 30 hours in per month. Come the wedding, and my January bonus I will be purchasing a lifetime subscription.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

gricks wrote:

I agree, while I am not hugely active, I still put about 30 hours in per month. Come the wedding, and my January bonus I will be purchasing a lifetime subscription.

Just wait till it goes on sale.  Usually around the end of the November and then again in May/June. 

On a side note:  For that same $200, you can buy a nice ship(s) on Star Citizen.  I would venture to say at least a 1/3 of 7th Fleet members already have. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

On a side note:  For that same $200, you can buy a nice ship(s) on Star Citizen.  I would venture to say at least a 1/3 of 7th Fleet members already have. 

I personally have not even thought about buying anything in Star Citizen. While it does look interesting, i cant justify spending money on something thats coming years down the road. I mean with all that money spent, what can you really do right now?

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: