View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Operation Ares XIII

Last edited by sparrow794 on 10/04/14 22:43; edited 1 time in total

Operation Ares takes place this weekend.  If any of you still need/want any help preparing for the Wargames you can PM me on here, make a post, or find me in vent (I'm there EVERY night).  These wonderful services include but are not limited to...Gear Upgrades (I can craft Blue Quality Tech Upgrades for Beams, Engineering, Science, and Shields)  PvP practice, pointers, and tips  Assistance in setting up a ship for PvP (Gear, BOFF's, DOFF's, Traits, and Captain Skills  ANYTHING else withing my power that can help you in preparation for the wargames.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Not to rain on the parade, but - "the ranking officer present at the established start time will choose four Strike Group Leaders from the Command staff.

1) Do you have enough "command staff" to do this?

2) Will there be enough "command staff" actually there? 

3) Do all the "command staff" actually have the ability to actually lead a Strike Group, as many of the positions are "administrative" in nature?

Now, an old Senior Chief I worked once told me that don't come to him with a problem unless I provided a solution.  Has worked pretty well for me in my life, and hopefully here too.

Suggestion:  delete "from the command staff."

add  "from Senior Captains*."

or just "from available Captains."

*Senior Captains defined as two years (plus) in 7th Fleet

++++

Possible topic for next command staff meeting:  Captains Training - training Captains how to be Strike Group leaders for wargames, but also, STF's and other grouping functions.  I've been in the Fleet almost three years and still don't have a clue how to set-up a "que" or "pvp/pve" match.  Is it a big secret or something???

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

Wupteedo wrote:

Not to rain on the parade, but - "the ranking officer present at the established start time will choose four Strike Group Leaders from the Command staff.

3) Do all the "command staff" actually have the ability to actually lead a Strike Group, as many of the positions are "administrative" in nature?

Now, an old Senior Chief I worked once told me that don't come to him with a problem unless I provided a solution.  Has worked pretty well for me in my life, and hopefully here too.

++++

Possible topic for next command staff meeting:  Captains Training - training Captains how to be Strike Group leaders for wargames, but also, STF's and other grouping functions.  I've been in the Fleet almost three years and still don't have a clue how to set-up a "que" or "pvp/pve" match.  Is it a big secret or something???

Cheers

Based on the last Wargames, Jason used the RNG to create the teams in their entirety and someone from within each team took on that role. Setting up a pvp match is as simple as right clicking on someones name and choosing "challenge player" and then inviting the rest to the private que box that was created.  As to the rest, I think the wording may be off a bit, but still relays the basic flow of how the event should run under normal/optimal conditions.  if the change does get made I would recommend the "from available Captains" option as I don't meet the 2 year requirement for the second option ;P

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Wupteedo wrote:

++++

Cheers

Being part of the command staff for roughly 2 years, I can tell you that it's never been much of problem.   Granted I don't wargame anymore so not sure how well it still applies, but when I did it was usually was the "top" PvP guys that were Team Captains.  The times that it wasn't, the TC would grant the commands to the person most skilled at leading the charge.

Wargames Space  Winning Team

FA Fortin

Capt P'rett

FCapt Davis

Capt Gerron Vek

CMDR Valencynos

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

After looking at the awards the have been issued, the awards to be issued for this Operation Ares XIII - Space are:

FA Fortin   device "EEE" - 3

Capt P'rett  device "Final" - 4

FCapt Davis  device "Final" - 4

Capt Gerron Vek  device "EE" - 2

CMDR Valencynos  device "E" - 1

We have to wait for Mr. Shackelford (COMS) or Mr. Jason (CoS) to confirm and issue the awards.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Awards confirmed and issued, thank you everyone and congratulations to the victors of the space portion!  I am planning on being there tonight for the ground portion, barring unforeseen circumstance.

Wupteedo wrote:

Cheers

Great idea, I like it and would love to be in on that, but are you serious?  Do you really not know how to do that?  Do you not hear us in vent while we are setting this up?  Do you not ask how or why something is happening if you don't know? Are you not picking someone to call targets on your team? If you've been on my team(and I think you have at least once)then you'd have heard me and only me talking, shouting, screaming, constantly calling and changing targets as the fight goes on...  Aren't you one of our main klink people always doing queues every week?  You're killing me here, smalls!

Awarded:

My apologies for not being there as I knew this weekend would have issues.  Glad everyone had fun and let us know of we need to make changes for the future.  Already noted all the comments above for the next wargames prep-session.

-Jason

Jump to: