View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Just wondering

I checked out the listing of jobs, but didn't see who was training officer. I think this changed recently, but am not sure. I am looking to get the simple-minded person's explaination to crafting. I also would like to discuss a Science build for these INTEL ships. I am remaining dedicated to the Romulan Republic, but will level my Fed toon as soon as I reach 60.

Capt. Davis, if you get some time this wek, I would like some advice from you.

I am glad that I have returned, and should be here for the long term now.

Awarded:

Fleet Captain Davis is the current Fleet Training Officer.

As to crafting, it boils down to collection and production.

Collection of raw materials is done through three methods/means:

1. DOff assignments
  2. Material nodes in episode/mission maps
  3. Reward boxes after completion of PvE queued events (STFs, Azure Nebula, etc)

Production is accomplished via the DOff window, last tab - "R&D."

You start off with one task queue. As you reach certain milestones, others will unlock, up to 5, if memory serves.

To craft an item requires two things: the required components and the appropriate DOff; for example, beam weapons require Energy Weapon DOffs. The components are produced utilizing various materials you've gathered. You will always successfully craft/produce one of the components. A critical success results in multiple components of the same type without an increase in materials used. The component tasks typically require 5 to 10 seconds to complete.

Now, with that being said, the components required (both in type and quantity) will change based on what Mark of item you are trying to create. The Mark of the item is controlled via a drop down once you've selected the base type (such as beam array, turret, engineering console, etc.) The dropdown menu to the right of that selects the subtype (antiproton beam array, plasma turret, or Neutronium, for example) Before you click "start," you can opt to add in catalysts, which increase the chance of getting a higher quality/rarity item (base items are always Common). Once you have all of your components and the necessary DOff, you can click on "Start." It will click over to a screen showing you what the result will be (quality/rarity and mods), and how long before it's ready.

I'll be on this evening And can assist with whatever you need. Just to add to the crafting explanation, you can also just queue up a 20 hour mission that nets you around 6000 R&D XP if you'd rather not be continually crafting crap. I think the way P'retts explained is slightly faster but the 20 hour stuff is a lot easier. 

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

davisjm0311 wrote:

I'll be on this evening And can assist with whatever you need. Just to add to the crafting explanation, you can also just queue up a 20 hour mission that nets you around 6000 R&D XP if you'd rather not be continually crafting crap. I think the way P'retts explained is slightly faster but the 20 hour stuff is a lot easier. 

I was giving him the basics of the system, not suggesting a strategy to get it leveled quickly.

Captains pRett & Davis - thank you both for posting.  I certainly benefit from your postings; cause we all know that knowledge is power and knowing is only half the battle. 

Captain Valerien, welcome back.  For the Republic

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: