View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Space toolbar resetting fix

I found that when going from space map to ground /bridge, and going back to space, my toolbars reset every time. I was able to find this fix, that actually seems to work.

The way I fixed it on a problem ship was

a) save loadout (named Default but its not important)
b) switch maps, power tray is reverted
c) change one BOFF, save as Default overwriting original
d) change back to desired settings, save to Default again

From there on it sticks

Vashaar

Awarded:

This does sort of work. I noticed if i was not using a Loadout, my tray would stick. If i used a loadout, it would always revert to a really really old loadout.

Awarded:

Mine kept switching without a loadout. Why can they just make "lock toolbar" actually work?

Valerien79 wrote:

Mine kept switching without a loadout. Why can they just make "lock toolbar" actually work?

There are two possible reasons. The first is that they have so much on their plate, that they just can't get to it. The second reason is that they just don't care. Given that they are still trying to sell you extra slots that have the same problem, I vote for reason #2. This problem has been brought to the attention of the devs repeatedly. I have submitted at least three separate bug reports regarding it. Months later, and I still have no fix. That's why I write down my settings for each ship. There is also a long thread on the forums regarding the issue.

I suppose that the code could be extremely difficult to fix, but with the drop of Delta Rising why didn't they just rewrite the whole subroutine and include it in the drop? Regardless, they shouldn't continue to sell something that doesn't work as advertised. The ongoing problems with this "feature" is reminiscent of Derek Smart and his promises about Battlecruiser 3000AD, although Cryptic has largely remained silent on the issue.

Cryptic has had many successes, but it isn't the successes that define you. It is your failures and how you deal with them. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away and the sooner that software vendors learn this lesson, the better. One would think that BioWare's fumbling after the release of ME3 and that dog of an original ending tacked onto an otherwise stellar game would have sent that message, but apparently folks are dense in the game development world and we gamers continue to carp about unresolved issues that should have been taken care of by now.

That's my .02 on the matter.

+1 to KnightBlu. 

Funny, during my 2nd move this year, I burned a lot of things to get the mass down.  I remember holding the Battlecruiser 3000 box in my hand and the pang of disappointment of trying to run that game so many years ago.  It burned well.

Thanks for posting this, I though I was only one with this load-out problem. 

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> General Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: