View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: World of Warships

It's about time we had a sticky World of Warships thread in here.  Our sister 7th Fleet site has a HUGE announcement, there is a Closed Beta event for World of Warships for which you still may be able to get Beta keys.  The event is for the weekend of December 13.  The post on our World of Tanks site is:  http://7thfleetwargaming.enjin.com/home/m/16326089/article/2666436

Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Curse or Ten still have codes the other sites are out

I grabbed one from Curse...Ten is out now as well.

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Fritz [Nannoc] and I got them last night from Curse.  Everybody who can, get one right away from Curse!  Join us in the Closed Beta for World of Warships!

Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

well i think this is more of a features check for them as the article stats this is between alpha and beta but if you get a code your in for good and ull be invited to all other betas. I'm in the process of downloading it now and should be able to play as soon as the server goes up at 7 central for me on sat

Awarded:

Anton Mercer wrote:

well i think this is more of a features check for them as the article stats this is between alpha and beta but if you get a code your in for good and ull be invited to all other betas. I'm in the process of downloading it now and should be able to play as soon as the server goes up at 7 central for me on sat

From the World of Warships site:

Begins: Friday, December 12 at 15:00 PST / 18:00 EST
Ends: Sunday, December 14 at 23:59 PST / 02:59 EST on December 15

I'll be on this evening to play if anyone else wants to join me in vent.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

oh wow the email says the 13th and the 14th. Even the launcher says the 13th and 14th in one of the info slides. I kinda thought it odd that they were only doing Sat and Sun.

crap to late

So what are people's thoughts on the alpha so far? How much did you play and what ship are you in?

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

im actually loving it the aiming is a bit tough but once you get it down you hit like crazy

Awarded:

was only able to do a small amount of playing due to work schedule but did work my way up to the T4 battleship and the T3 cruisers and destroyers...the game seems pretty good though for some reason known only to the devs every map is littered with islands or icebergs making any sort of battle line formation keeping pretty much impossible...the mechanics do seem sound and the ships all play very differently

Yeah I had a blast! I ended up with a Tier V Destroyer and a Tier V Battleship.  I'm pretty sure the maps were set up that way because of their small size...the T5 Battleship had a 20km range on its guns so take the icebergs and such away and they just sit in the beginning area and destroy everything...also think it was a way to test the LOS visibility system.  I enjoyed watching big baddass battleship come around a berg to find the 6 torpedoes I had sent out to meet them.

Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

World of Warships looks interesting, and from someone who doesn't have any experience with World of Tanks, it also looks like a game that the casual player can play.  

I couldn't find any pricing info on World of Tanks - I know it is F2P like STO, but is the cost comparable to STO?  Specifically, can you play it periodically without having to invest a lot of money each month?  Thanks.

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I bought one tank on WoT and it sucks compared to my others. I just used it to earn general XP.  I don't really play anymore, but I never spent a dime outside that and I always had fun and was competitive.  I could average 2 kills most the time or more without buying ammo and such.

Page 1 of 8

Jump to: