View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: World of Warships

As usual...Wargaming.net refused my pw again...and now I'm stuck waiting on the reset email

re: World of Warship

Greatest battleship team up goes to myself and Tillis.....cutting down fleets 2 huge barrages at a time!

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

There are also (perfectly legal) appearance mods available for the game. If you search for Aslain's mod pack, it has a bunch of different ones all packed into one. You can pick and choose; some of it is purely decorative (such as the mod that changes the in-game IJN flags with the naval ensign for Japan):

This one adds more lines to the zoomed in targeting reticule to aid in shot placement:

This one replaces the standard ship icons with more easily identifiable, color-coded ones:

Update 0.4.1 goes live tomorrow!  It's a huge update with a LOT of fixes and/or balances.  See patch notes below.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-041-notes-downtime/

davisjm0311

Official Release Date Announced!

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/release-date-ranked-battles-tirpitz/

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

davisjm0311 wrote:

Official Release Date Announced!

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/release-date-ranked-battles-tirpitz/

Yeah, was disappointed the Ranked battles weren't available yet, but it makes sense to start them with live release.

Yeah, but even when 0.4.1 was on the PTS they had said that the ranked battles would start a few weeks after the update went live.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

I know it's going to be a good night on WoW, when I'm the high score with my little Albany cruiser.  Once you get the gunnery thing down and really learn to "dance" (avoiding torpedoes), the

game gets much better.  My only really complaint is players on my team who like to scratch my paint.  As the match starts and I'm in one of my Battleships I usually post something like this:  "Battleships don't brake for no one,"  in most cases the other BB skippers chime in with a ditto that.  It's great, short term, mind candy.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

Not a bad match to get back into things with.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the quality of teammates I've had so far, overall, in Ranked Battles. Some of them play as if they are in a regular battle and can faff off and YOLO about.

Awarded:

Nice Match Mr. Davis - I too have begun playing Destroyers and enjoy the hunt...when it goes well :)

Well, drop your linen and start grinning:

World of Warships meets Arpeggio of Blue Steel! 

I was watching this on NetFlix a few weeks ago.  Just finished Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, currently doing Black Butler

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

davisjm0311 wrote:

So what are people's thoughts on the alpha so far? How much did you play and what ship are you in?

I have spent about six years playing hardcore naval sims, especially submarine simulators. To be blunt, I was not that impressed with World of Warships at all. I saw nothing that the Battlestations franchise had not already done in some capacity. Likewise, Battlestations did it better because they actually had submarines. Since this is supposed to be a WWII themed game, it is pretty lame to see a class of warship that made so much of a difference in WWII completely absent. I was on their forums and the excuse was the fact that they stated it was "too hard to code" or some other such bullshit.

The "tutorials" are pretty absent and the core of the gameplay is basically whomever figures out Kentucky Windage the fastest, wins. In essence, I was not impressed. I expected more, even though the ideal would be far removed from what I was used to. I won't even consider going back unless they add subs and even then, I would view the game with a jaundiced eye.

Awarded:

Hey at least they don't show you where to aim like in World of Warplanes.  Could be even worse!  I find myself going back to World of Tanks over and over again, not so much with Warplanes or Warships, but I do like them all.  Not hard core sims by any means, more deathmatch arcade games with a theme if you like that kind of thing, which I do.

Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

VADM Kor wrote:

Hey at least they don't show you where to aim like in World of Warplanes.  Could be even worse!  I find myself going back to World of Tanks over and over again, not so much with Warplanes or Warships, but I do like them all.  Not hard core sims by any means, more deathmatch arcade games with a theme if you like that kind of thing, which I do.

Yeah, deathmacth arcade with a theme is a good description. I was just irritated that they did not have subs and that the game really does not ease you into the thing before dropping you into a match with PUGs against 12-year-olds spouting memes and incapable of group tactics.  I did enjoy Battlestations franchise.

Again, when they have subs, I will try the game again.

Page 7 of 8

Jump to: