View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Best plasma torpedo launcher?

With the 7th ITS upgrading its Starbase to Level 4 shipyard, I've been able to replace my Romulan's D'deridex Retrofit warbird with the fleet variant at T-5U, and at the same time I have a toon that is nearing Level 15 in Projectile R&D.  I'm taking advantage of the upgraded ship to look at replacing or upgrading some of my consoles and weapons.  

Right now I'm using the Romulan reputation set's Hyper-Plasma torpedo launcher and have seen the Plasma Emission Torpedo launcher available as a Level 15 crafting item.  Has anyone used it and if so any thoughts on how it stacks up vs. the Hyper-Plasma torpedo.  Running the math it looks like the HP torpedo does more kinetic damage (3 torpedoes at 1609.2 damage each = 4827.6 kinetic damage vs. the 3,557 for the R&D Plasma Emission torpedo).  I use disruptor weapons so I'm not concerned about losing any set bonuses if I switch from a Reputation set item to a different torpedo launcher.  I haven't found any comparisons or discussions on those two via Google, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

Appreciate any thoughts or recommendations before I risk the R&D materials - thanks!

Captain Moonlight
Tactical - Captain

re: Best plasma torpedo launcher?

Have you looked into how the Omega Torpedo stacks up?

Upgrading that to IVX may be worth a look...

Captain Moonlight

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: