6%  [ 1 ]
Romulan - KDF Affiliated
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: 2015 7th Fleet Census (Poll)

Was looking over some of the latest postings from Cryptic.  I noticed they had a census that showed percentage of players and the affiliation they played.  

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065123-star-trek-online-5-year-anniversary-infographic

So I got to wondering, how does the 7th Fleet break out?  Please answer the poll question below.

Thanks & Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Awarded:

Someone posted this on the STO Facebook page post that contained the infographic.

My primary character is Fed, but my KDF toons run a close second. Frankly, with over a half million players on the KDF side, I am surprised that Cryptic doesn't show the KDF a bit more attention. I realize that the Fed will always be dominant, but to ignore the KDF does not make any sense. There are so many possible stories that could be explored on that side of the franchise and there are so many interesting things about Klingon culture that could be explored, but remain unexamined. For example, the character dialogue choices for KDF are exactly the same for Fed. This is despite the KDF not being a believer in the Kumbaya mindset. On the Fed side you get sweet and nice, but KDF should remain true to character in my opinion. If anyone is to hoist up the Jolly Roger and begin slitting throats, it is a Klingon.

Awarded:

I like the revised infographic better.  I was wondering why the felt the need to tell us how many babies the developers had.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Knightnblu wrote:

My primary character is Fed, but my KDF toons run a close second. Frankly, with over a half million players on the KDF side, I am surprised that Cryptic doesn't show the KDF a bit more attention. I realize that the Fed will always be dominant, but to ignore the KDF does not make any sense. There are so many possible stories that could be explored on that side of the franchise and there are so many interesting things about Klingon culture that could be explored, but remain unexamined. For example, the character dialogue choices for KDF are exactly the same for Fed. This is despite the KDF not being a believer in the Kumbaya mindset. On the Fed side you get sweet and nice, but KDF should remain true to character in my opinion. If anyone is to hoist up the Jolly Roger and begin slitting throats, it is a Klingon.

+1

Your words ring so true for STO.  Even in WoW, at least back in the day, things were pretty equal between Alliance and Horde.  However, the screams of a 1/2 million player Klingons are ignored by Cryptic, where, like in space no one will hear you scream.   The only way this will change is when Perfect World decides to hire a Project Manager at Cryptic that actually likes the KDF side.   The best analogy I have seen about STO, besides being more of a highly "social" MMORPG is this:

Federation = Bridge/Golf/Tennis/Drama Club

KDF = Fight Club  (and what happens at Fight Club, stays in Fight Club)

Oh well, Cheers.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Suggestions Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: