View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Klingon Appreciation, April 2015

Last edited by sparrow794 on 05/04/15 13:20; edited 1 time in total

Thank you for the video, Captain Mercer! 

FltCapt Shackelford, as always, excellent work on above.  Thank you!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Klingon Appreciation Month

Agenda for the Kick-off

1 April, muster at KDF Starbase at 2015 (EST), start at 2030 (EST)

Commodore Thu'fir, Opening remarks

Opportunity for Command or Staff officers to provide input as well (welcomed and encouraged)

Break off into smaller groups; tour Star Base (Regular 7th I.T.S. officers to be tour guides)

7th I.T.S. Officers will then allow their groups to tour their ships (Bring your favorite ship to show-off; highly recommend the Targs be washed as well)

Around 2100-2110 we will start Klingon Trivia (COMO Thu'fir has questions and three prizes; need volunteer to keep score)

Toasting around the Bloodwine

Kick-off ends

(Feel free to stay around and mingle, drink, tell stories of glory or honor, or go do a Mission or two)

####

7th I.T.S. Officers, please see our guest are treated well. 

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Rules of Engagement for Bat'leth and Hand-to-Hand Combat

Bat'leth Tournament:

a) Only Mk 1 Common Bat'leth allowed for tournament play.  If there is room in Fleet Banks, some with be provided.

b) Strip off your kits, armor, and shields; these are not allowed

c) No special traits/skills authorized; if in doubt, take them off your "action bar."

d) Race specific traits will be authorized, but not encourage; for instance, Bite or Pounce

e) This will be best two out of three matches determines the winner; three out of five for Championship. 

f) Interference from the audience will not be tolerated.  Psychic Attacks, Orbitable Strikes, thrown grenades, etc., are examples.  It might be fun for the offender, but not for the victim.  (Hate that I even have to include this, but history as shown there is always one that likes to throw a turd in the punchbowl)

g) Number of attendees will determine how the tournament is to be played; single elimination or double elimination.  

h) Once the tournament starts, it will move very fast, so please pay attention when you name is called.  There will be at least two "420" breaks during the tournament. 

i) For the group "Cage Fight," please only change to your favorite melee weapon; example, mk 1 common bat'leth to Mk 13 Tholian sword.  Let's the good times roll.

(Capt Baldwin or VADM Kor, if I forgot something, please add.)

####

Hand-to-Hand(Paw) Tournament:

a) Strip off your kits, armor, and shields

b) No special traits authorized; if in doubt, take them off your "action bar."

c) Race specific traits will be authorized, but not encourage; for instance, Pounce or Bite.

d) This will be best two out of three matches to determine winner; three out of five for Championship.

e) No interference from the audience.  This includes Psychic attacks, orbitable strikes, throwing grenades, etc., are examples. 

f) Number of attendees will determine how the tournament is to be played; single elimination or double elimination. 

g) Once things are moving, these tournaments tend to go very fast; pay attention to your name, and take your position near the stage.

h) We will have two five minute "420" breaks. 

i) For the group "Cage Fight," keep yourself stripped of all gear and special traits.  We will run as a PvP group match. 

(Capt Baldwin or VADM Kor, if I forgot something, please add.)

####

Query:  I am not sure if player level will affect the tournament, i.e., level 31 v. level 60.  Fleet experts, please advise.

####

Needed:  A volunteer who can actually call the matches, and a Umpire.  Please pm me.

Commodore Hawat Thu'fir, Tournament Master

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

f) Interference from the audience will not be tolerated.  Psychic Attacks, Orbitable Strikes, thrown grenades, etc., are examples.  It might be fun for the offender, but not for the victim.  (Hate that I even have to include this, but history as shown there is always one that likes to throw a turd in the punchbowl)

*COUGH* Admiral Fortin *COUGH*

Anton Mercer wrote:
Wupteedo wrote:

Fur on Honor Guard Armor was burnt off due to orbital strike. 

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

It was a glorious evening of hand-to-hand combat.  Much blood was spilled and even more honor was gained.  The combatants all fought well, however, as the evening went on one warrior stood out with his strength and prowess. 

1st Place Champion:  Lucien@gameindad

2nd Place Champion:  Torn@Sparrow794

3rd Place Champion:  Di'Vanis@knightinblue

Honorable mention:  I'nara@     

Congratulations to all.

"If winning is not important, then Commander, why keep score?" - Worf, Son of Mogh, of the House of Martok

Later that night, with our blood still boiling, we decided to pay a visit to Defera.  It will be some time before the honorless Borg will recover from our blood lust.

Qapla'!

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Fleet activity last night. The fights were great fun as were the ringside antics, as per usual ;-). I have said many times, you will not find a better group of guys. Thanks to all who participated, it was a blast!

Awarded:

Agree - thanks for putting together a great night of bloodshed and glory!

Baldwin Praji
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I laughed so hard at the Bat'Leth tournament last night!  It was a great time for the few who were there!

T'was another glorious evening of fun, frolicking, a few bruises, and some bloodshed.  This old warrior's bones still hurt and ego dulled with bloodwine, but glad to see young warriors taking up the Bat'leth in personnel combat. 

Bat'leth Champions for this Klingon Appreciation Month are

Grand Champion goes to Blake@zhenyr

Second Champion goes to Gurgas@knightnblue

Third Champion goes to Gurken@tk1077

Honorable Mention to Jik'tar@antman9173

Congratulations to all, you make the Empire and Starfleet proud!

Other warriors still in sickbay include:  Crom@midpoint, and myself.  

I behalf of the 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron, I thank you for your participation. 

Qapla'!

Commodore Hawat Thu'fir

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

"Medical Officers.......blah!" 

To:      KDF Command and 7th Fleet, StarFleet

Patient:  Dahar Master Hawat Thu'Fir

Injuries:  Minor Concussion, Combat Fatigue(2), Cracked Ribs(3), Muscle Tear, Combat Exhaustion, Head Trauma(3), & Internal Bleeding(2)

How:  Injuries obtained while in ground combat operations on Nimbus III

Treatments:  Complete, 72 Hours of bed rest, restrain if necessary,  then 7 days of light-duty.

####

"The Undying" mission was done with melee weapons only; Space part of the mission was nothing short of glorious.  (note to self, need to do this again and record for historical purposes)

"A Fistful of Gorn & Installation 18" where done in survivor mode.  This means we strip off all our equipment/devices/pets and only use what we find in the drops.  It was mostly hand-to-hand combat.  Needless to say, not too much dropped during the operation.  Due to excessive re-spawns, Warriors were ordered to equip their melee weapons and finish the mission.  During the space part of mission, we shredded the Tal Shiar Fleet like a Bat'leth cutting paper.  Much Glory and Honor were earned this night.  Colonel Hakeev fled like a globfly.  Hassan the Undying is in my brig.  Can't wait to get back on-board and warm up the agonizer booth. 

(Que:  "Kung Fu Fighting" -- Everyone was Kung Fu fighting and those Klingons were fast as lightning.......)

Kick-A-Tribble Mondays, always a good time. 

Qapla'

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:
Anton Mercer wrote:
Wupteedo wrote:

Fur on Honor Guard Armor was burnt off due to orbital strike. 

Ooopps...

Awarded:

enjoyed the video, nice work! Thank you all for coming out to play!

Cannon Event - Klingon Civil War, tonight and tomorrow night, muster @ 2015 at KDF Starbase.  Take sides and slug it out, but choose wisely.

(Note:  High Command has ordered me to Riza for several days to help coordinate joint fleet operations with our allies now that the Iconians have appeared.  At least there will be some entertainment tonight.  An old Earth group known as "Celtic Women" will be performing.  On Saturday night it will be another one of those "dress" affairs at the Ritz-Carlton on Riza.  Aaaggghh, three-day old Gagh, Risian "wine", and lots of endless "babble" from the attendees.   And to top it all off, they asked my Flag Sec if my female Orion Officers who will be attending to  "dress-up," but "dress-down," i.e., cover up, for all occasions.  Fools, don't they know they just provoked them.  Sometimes the cultural ignorance of the Federation amazes even me.)

Commodore Thu'fir, Com7thITS

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: