View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: What has changed?

Was thinking of returning to game, but so much has changed I am not sure what I really need to be concerned about. Is re-rolling a Delta recruit worth it? I plan on staying with my Romulan, as I love the new ship I got when I was still active. What do I really need to know?

Vashaar

Sir, this almost comes under "what is the meaning of life" when it comes to changes on STO.  My advice is to look thru our forums here and some of the other forums, especially the update notes over at the STO website.  For the most part, Cryptic has been good about fixing bugs as they are found in the new missions.  Also, when you log on, please use the Vent to communicate with your Fleet Mates, as they are vast wealth of knowledge. 

My 2 cents, if you haven't played for awhile, and they are still offering the New Delta Recruit bonus, I would roll one.  I have one Romulan and two Remens and enjoy playing them all.  Since you already own some Romulan ships, go with that, but for a change of game play, go to the Klingon Defense Force side.  You still have access to your Romulan ships, plus you can join us at the 7th I.T.S.  Slightly different missions,  unique and interesting DOff missions, access to our Starbase, complete with Bloodwine Cauldron, Morn, a roaring fire to tell you tales, plus as an added bonus, Orion Dancing girls.  On Monday nites, we have "kick-a-tribble" were we go forth and do battles with our foes, usually in a more challenging way, especially with melee weapons only.  Yes, your medical and ship repair bills are higher on the KDF side, but the companionship more than makes up for it. 

Qapla'

COMO Thu'Fir, 7th I.T.S.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

The Delta recruits get nice bonuses, but from my vision, it's mainly a means for newer players to get more on par with current players and to help out along the grind.  However, there are bonuses you get from leveling up the Delta recruit that are account wide, most popular being traits.

I deleted my old Klingon that collected an obscene amount of "dust", and created another one for a Delta recruit.  Personally, I'm hoping on it when bored and taking my time with him through the stories and leveling.  It's a joy for me, because when I leveled up a Klingon before it was during the dark days when you basically had to grind out the same missions over and over for XP just to level.  So being able to play that side and experience a more personal story with it has been nice.

Other then the Delta recruit, there are just a few highlights of Season 10.  We got 2 new story missions for the Iconian story arc, 2 new space queues, 1 new ground queue, another Reputation to grind out levels for new traits and gear (well worth it, being on par with Omega's Rep level of value IMHO), and the new sector revamp (which is BEAUTIFUL).

Not too much to get lost in, but enough to add some more fresh air to the lungs of STO.  I'm sure G, Davis, Hau, Ryo or someone could point out the over-looked revamps to PvP if there are any to weapons and such, but it's something I've not paid attention to so I cannot provide an answer to that depth if it interest you.

Awarded:

It depends on how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go, as well as when you stopped playing.  If you haven't played since Delta Rising, then there is so much new stuff I could cover, but the big thing is going to be the raised level cap and the end-game specializations.  My advice would just be to play through the new missions you haven't seen yet, and ask questions as they arise with someone in ventrilo.

Jump to: