View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Star Conflict

Star Conflict

I just noticed that PWE just picked this up.  If I'm not mistaken, it's from the same people who done War Thunder.  I guess they decided to sell it or something.  It's worth looking at if you want something else to pick up.  I played it when it was still fresh from Beta, so wasn't a lot of depth too it, but looks like that has changed.  I had tons of fun playing it and might look back into it when I get tired of Neverwinter on Xbox One.  Thought I'd share it and a small 2 cents.

Awarded:

What can you tell me/us about the game play? Is there anything you can compare it to? Do you have a character? I'm sure I'll think of other questions at some point.

Based on the reviews, I am going to likely give this a pass. Not so much the game content, but several reviews mention admins that ban you for little to no legit reason.

I've not really looked up any reviews, so I can't answer for what they say.  Always 2 sides to bans anyways.  All I know is I enjoyed it when I was playing it, just didn't stick with it due to no depth too it.  Thought it would be worth sharing.  After all, look at how much better STO got after PWE bought it up.

It's basically a 3rd person dogfighter that was built for mouse and keyboard.  Kinda like War Thunder/World of Planes for PvP.  From what I remember though you can keep respawning till the objective, whatever it is, is met for victory.  The PvE is like queues in STO, somewhere around 5 people completing a mission.  However when I played, it was really early so there was only 3 missions and 3-4 maps for PvP.  You don't have a character, just like you don't on War Thunder.  You can build your own ship layout as far as what type of guns you want, modules, etc.  Just like War Thunder, it was tier based. 

Awarded:

I've never played World of Tanks/Warplanes or War Thunder, so those don't provide me much of a reference, unfortunately. Appreciate the effort/info, though.

I've tried the game.  Though the graphics are nice and I like the control scheme, the content seems to be lacking.

Jump to: