View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

re: kindle sucks at posting, comp took a dive

My main ssd took a dive and is very uncooperative with the my os disk, to the point it will not even recognize it is in the drive.  I am requesting reserve status until this can be fixed.

Awarded:

Acknowledged, you are in Reserve status Sir, effective 5/15.  Don't forget that if you have trouble fixing it, Mr. Kerry is great at assisting with this kind of thing, and will go out of his way to help out.  Good luck with your repairs,

VADM Kor

VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Yes, I'm here to help.  Let me know if you need any assistance.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

Little bit of a status update.  My computer is limping at best, just waiting on funds for a new system.  Also I have been switched to the graveyard shift due to some recent firings, hopefully it is not a permanent switch.  Will update again if anything changes.

Awarded:

No worries, hang in there Sir.  Hope the situation improves for you soon.

Science - Fleet Captain

I get the daily "deals" from NewEgg and the weekly "deals" from Lenovo.  Both have some nice 2nd-hand/refurbished/factory returns desktop computers for under $200.  Not the latest and greatest tech, but might keep you going.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

New system put together.

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Intel i7-4790K
Radeon R9 295X2
16GB DDR3
480Gb SSD
4TB HDD
Packed into a nice Fractal Define R5 case.

Working out some heating issues.  Hope to see you all on my days/nights off.....when i get them.

Awarded:

Valeʼncynos wrote:

New system put together.

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Intel i7-4790K
Radeon R9 295X2
16GB DDR3
480Gb SSD
4TB HDD
Packed into a nice Fractal Define R5 case.

Working out some heating issues.  Hope to see you all on my days/nights off.....when i get them.

I have the same video card, and I have the radiator installed in push/pull out configuration in the back of the case.  I also have a Corsair water cooled CPU radiator set up the same way to vent out the top of the case.  I have had no heating issues.

My system, also on an ASUS board, had instability problems as well.  My solution turned out to be both not to overclock it, and to use AMP in the system BIOS to automatically program it for the optimal RAM timing settings.  If the chipset on the mobo is Nvidia, there is an equivalent technology that you can use in the BIOS to do the same thing, but I can't remember what they call it.

What I mean by push/pull out is, I have the liquid cooler radiator sandwiched between two cooling fans.  Both fans direct the air out.  Usually the fan will have an arrow on one side that tells you the direction of the wind current.  In addition, I installed more fans to pull in air through the front of the case, and out the sides and top.

Your rig is a good set of hardware that will run Star Citizen when it comes out, in 4K if you want.  STO won't even make this system break a sweat.  So, if you're having heat issues, it's something about the way it's set up.  I wouldn't bother to overclock it, since it's a brute as it is.

Engineering - Captain

For this board they call it XMP and i have it enabled.  The problem was the Corsair fans running at a quite mode preset, downloaded Corsair link and was able to bring it up to a performance level speed.  tiny bit loud, but much quieter than the previous system.  I would like to do a push pull, my old system had it with its cpu liquid cool system, but I do not have screws long enough. for now i have the radiator and fan pushed as far forward as it will go to a front case fan i installed (it only came with two), and have the air flow going in and down out of the case.  most ive seen it reach after a few hours is 73c.  As for star citizen, i plan to play it....when it comes out.

Jump to: