View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: So long for now

Okay Fleetmates...after the last year or so of playing STO sporadically at best it has dawned on me that I'm no longer interested in the game...so I would ask that you all go ahead and remove Captain Mavendorf from the rolls...it has been a pleasure to game with you all and I hope to come back someday...but right now other things have my interest

Fair skies and smooth sailing to you all

Harry Mckenzie

AKA Captain Mavendorf

Awarded:

Sorry to see you go, even though it's been a good while since we've flown together. I hope things have improved for you and continue to do so.

*salutes*

Awarded:

Harry, 

You will be missed.  Even though you don't play as much anymore, please keep in touch by popping into vent to say hello.  You will always have friends here.

-Jason

Bye Mavendorf   You could just stay on reserves, couldn't ya?  There are quite a few on it now that never even get on.

Awarded:

Huck I'd love to stay on reserve status...but I haven't even logged into the game in like 3 months...and the rules clearly state at least 1 log in a month...otherwise I'd stay on reserve

Awarded:

Cleo Mavendorf wrote:

Huck I'd love to stay on reserve status...but I haven't even logged into the game in like 3 months...and the rules clearly state at least 1 log in a month...otherwise I'd stay on reserve

Nah, the Operations Manual says that you're just expected to stay in touch with the Fleet leadership once every 90 days, and the horrid consequences of your abject failure to do so are that we "may" remove you from the roster.  Which isn't going to happen with an old hand like you.  I meant "old" in the nicest possible way, Sir...

Anyway I'm keeping you in Reserve, maybe 6 months or a year from now you'll get that itch to be on your bridge, in the middle of a huge battle again... it'll be GLORIOUS!!!

Hopefully this isn't the last time our starfaring courses intersect, Sir, 

Sincerely,

VADM Kor, CoS, 7th Fleet

Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

VADM Kor wrote:
Cleo Mavendorf wrote:

Nah, the Operations Manual says that you're just expected to stay in touch with the Fleet leadership once every 90 days, and the horrid consequences of your abject failure to do so are that we "may" remove you from the roster.  Which isn't going to happen with an old hand like you.  I meant "old" in the nicest possible way, Sir...

Anyway I'm keeping you in Reserve, maybe 6 months or a year from now you'll get that itch to be on your bridge, in the middle of a huge battle again... it'll be GLORIOUS!!!

Hopefully this isn't the last time our starfaring courses intersect, Sir, 

Sincerely,

VADM Kor, CoS, 7th Fleet

Yes what he said. Plus your like one of the original members exceptions will be made! Has a another game peaked your your interest or just RL? Your post was sad indeed...

Awarded:

honestly I'm spending all my time in War Thunder fighting in tanks right now Admiral...took a new job at Gander Mountain and my schedule is in flux until we actually open

Awarded:

Harry,

You've been around us for a long time.  Take a break.  There isn't any reason for you to leave the Fleet.  Hell, I was going to contact you about going to Chicago.  Marissa is what, about 45 minutes from St. Louis.  Davis and I are going for the weekend and I was going to ask if you wanted to ride up there with us. 

Hell man, everyone plays at something else from time to time.  I don't do a lot of other games (waiting for Star Citizen), but I play guitar and am working hard at playing in a band.  And, look at Lang, he's still waiting for that Fleet version of the Reliant!  Ha! He's been on reserve for what at least the past 3 yrs.  In any event, my main game online will still be STO because of the group we are in - not because the game itself, although I am a bit of a Trekkie.

So, go on reserve and stay there as long as you want or need as far as I'm concerned.  If someone were to ask me to change your status, I would ask if you were back to regular status - if they said no, I would say you need to stay on reserve.  Look at the comments you are getting.  And, the one thing you don't have to explain to any of us is - Life Happens! If something is up, change in schedule or whatever, it's no big deal.

Think of it this way, no matter where you go or what you do, you are always going to be someplace with an Internet connection and you know where you can find us.  You've been with us for 5 yrs. and we all count you as a friend, so there is no reason to leave. 

You are always welcome to pop in game and on vent and play or talk or both, and I don't think I'm overstepping in saying any of this.  If I am, well, I'll be seeing you in Marissa and we'll have a beer.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: