View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
you-kick-my-dog

re: Any particular fleets we want to link with?

We are more organized then most fleets so ill put my two cents in  i think we should take an Alpha position.

That being said are their any fleets that's the Admiralty thinks we should link with?

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Good question we are currently in the process of discussing this to see what our options are...

Fair enough! Lets just make sure these subordinate fleets have progressed as far as we have if you choose to link us.....Don't want a situation where our "Armada" becomes our "leeches"

davisjm0311

I've heard really good things about Starfleet Dental...I know the FADM has worked closely with them in the past... 

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

you-kick-my-dog wrote:

Fair enough! Lets just make sure these subordinate fleets have progressed as far as we have if you choose to link us.....Don't want a situation where our "Armada" becomes our "leeches"

Let's be careful we don't slip into the "elitist" mindset.

Its not elitist to expect the same amount of work we put in our fleet to be consistent in a fleet we work with. Its only fair. But i see where you are coming from Prett,

Davis....they do have pretty snazzy uniforms....maybe if we link with them we could update our fleet uniforms

Edward Hau

davisjm0311 wrote:

I've heard really good things about Starfleet Dental...I know the FADM has worked closely with them in the past... 

dont lunge around on kick-my-dog too much, we'll have to tell him the stories about Starfleet Dental sometime too... lol

Hau you are going to be the reason i need therapy, bro

Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

^ are you high?  He's the reason we all need therapy.

Awarded:

you-kick-my-dog wrote:

Its not elitist to expect the same amount of work we put in our fleet to be consistent in a fleet we work with. Its only fair. But i see where you are coming from Prett,

Davis....they do have pretty snazzy uniforms....maybe if we link with them we could update our fleet uniforms

If we only join with fleets who've progressed as much as we have then there's no real point to participating in the system.  There is no downside to having less progressed fleets in the armada.  It's kind of the whole point.

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
you-kick-my-dog wrote:

If we only join with fleets who've progressed as much as we have then there's no real point to participating in the system.  There is no downside to having less progressed fleets in the armada.  It's kind of the whole point.

This. +1

Awarded:

Jason32 wrote:

^ are you high?  He's the reason we all need therapy.

this ^^  +infinity

I would consider extending the "paw of friendship" over to several of the Caitian/Ferasans Fleets.  At least on the KDF side, there some small but excellent RP Fleets.  Also, I would expect that several of the larger STO Fed Fleets will be looking at 7th Fleet as well. 

Thoughts, fears, insight, or any comments from Fleet members is highly encouraged. 

How do we benefit from all this?

What is the downsize to all this?

Has "Cryptic" really thought this all the way through? 

Keep an open mind, but would advise caution.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

you-kick-my-dog

Jason32 -Its possible since meeting him the small amount of percocet i need to survive a vent session has steadily gone up so valid question!

Sparrow794- I imagine a great part of the Armada system will be equal level people to play with, our fleet for example almost no one is on during they day here and there i get  some time to go off the reservation during the day and play sto having an Beta fleet that has progressed as far as we have not only makes team building and play more of a possibility for a day player in our fleet it assures we wont have to carry anyone. Basically we broaden our network of people we can have a co-op mission with instead of helping someone level- that being said i have nothing against helping players level but i too have goals and things i want to get done in game.

Wupteedo: Benifit -larger player network
                   Con-Level of players in network
                    I think this is actually a decent idea from cryptic...hard to believe these are the same people who gave us the     reputation system of forever grind

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

was posted friday so not sure if people saw but heres the official blog on it the one davis posted was from a bit back from mmorpg.com

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9436793-star-trek-online%3A-fleet-armadas

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: