View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: USN 7th Fleet in it's home port

I had the unique privilege to watch as the flagship of the USN 7th Fleet, the USS Blue Ridge powered into my home city, Brisbane, Australia. It was an awesome sight to see such a large ship come in, haven't seen any ships bigger than a cruise ship come into harbour since the Nimitz came through. Interestingly, the 7th Fleet actually was formed here in 1943. If i can find any pictures, I'll post them below

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: USN 7th Fleet in it's home port

USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19), Flagship of the Seventh Fleet since 1979, Homeport:  Yokosuka, Japan

I was aboard her in 1979 when we shifted Com7thFlt's Flag from the old U.S.S. Oklahoma City (CG-5). 

Hope you are able to get a ship's tour while she is in port.

Special Note:  You might notice a many of young sailor with shaved heads on liberty in/around your city.  There is no need to worry, they were not recently treated for lice/bedbugs.   They have recently completed an ancient sea ritual when they crossed the Equator.  Can't give any details, but let's just say they are now "Trusty Shellbacks" and leave it at that.  Of course, this now begs the questions:  Who else in the fleet is a "Trusty Shellback?"

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Beyond the Galaxy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: