View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

re: Resolute Class and the future of the U.S.S. Trial

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9457263-star-trek-online%3A-resolute-heavy-cruiser-stats

So I checked into this ship. You can wear the Excelsior Skin, Excelsior Refit, or The Resolute or mix and match parts. This makes all 3 variants Tier 6.

Crossing finger here for the Merian Class and being able to use the Miranda, Centaur and Shikar Skin....

My luck they won't  but we'll stay positive here

Awarded:

Welcome to Tier 6 land.  It looks like the Devs thought it was timed to bring back your most loved design.  I thought it was going to take an online petition to get you an acceptable ship design in a Tier 6.  Now they just need to follow through.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

That's a nice looking ship.  The Resolute though..........horrible all around in looks if you ask me.  It wouldn't have taken anything too lavish to polish up a "new" Excelsior skin closely tied to original.  Canon already had it has a solid hull design.  The Concorde, even with different nacelle layout and design does a better job looking the part of a new Excel.  I would of thrown money at this idea, if it turned out looking good, even though I ain't playing much.  I also think a T6 update to Sovi would make more sense.

Awarded:

re: Re: Resolute Class and the future of the U.S.S. Trial

Lang S wrote:

Crossing finger here for the Merian Class and being able to use the Miranda, Centaur and Shikar Skin....

My luck they won't  but we'll stay positive here  

It's unlikely you will ever see certain vessels given T5 or T6 versions.  My understanding is that CBS has dictated that TOS era ships should never be end-game vessels.

Very nice looking ship man! The Miranda needs a nice little 2410 update. Its been tossed around the forum for a while--higher tier ships for beloved ships only used at lower levels-But never seen any moment for it by the devs  happen. Id personally love a tactical versionof the Kelvin in 2410 :Dhttp://orig00.deviantart.net/5b94/f/2011/213/2/7/27821d9fafe35e859f3f16158c3d6899-d42c7nq.jpg

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Shack's right, CBS said a firm "No" years ago to any TOS ships being updated past beginner ships.  All you can hope for is a design like you posted, where it looks similar in design.  But your Miranda skin will never see T6, neither will the Connie.  All ships designs (sadly) have to be approved by CBS first.

Awarded:

Yes, I got to know the bean counting lawyer types at CBS.  There were 2 items on the patch that I wanted, and it took four months for them to decide to tell me that they would "decline my request at this time."

Last edited by VADM JT Kerry on 07/23/15 16:20; edited 1 time in total

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

you-kick-my-dog

Christ......CBS sounds stricter then the borg.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

And nothing from the Paramount reboots will ever be allowed in game, either.

Yea i know there has always been a restriction on anything in the reboot but im hoping  much like the avenger having vengence traits we see a work around like that for something kelvin-ish

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Given the scale of the conflicts that we have been playing in the story, I'm amazed that the Typhoon and Jupiter class ships have not been made T6 playable. Frankly, I am amazed at just how long the Federation has been holding off from creating more strictly military ships like the Defiant class. I think that the time has come to release these dreadnaughts to the players.

Why have dreadnoughts littered everywhere that cost man power to operate when you can have a fleet of smaller ships like the Defiant, Sao Paulo and Avenger?  It makes sense when it comes to war.  I'm surprised they haven't added them though, since they're all about adding ships left and right. 

If ask me, they're already too many ship classes in the game.  I wish the game had went more the Role-Play Game route.  I'd like a limited set number of designs and improve them to the point people would actually want to use them.

The KDF?  They are known for sticking with a design like the Bird of Prey and using it forever, but yet they have too many designs (even though compared to Feds they don't) then what makes sense for them.

Jump to: