View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

re: ARMADA

Good day gentlemen,

The Armada system has now been implemented in Star Trek Online. We have been approached by several fleets wanting to join however I want to make sure that it is a right fit for us as well as the other fleet. We will be taking the roll of the Alpha fleet. This Thursday 7/30/15 we will be having our Command Staff Meeting I would like to encourage all fleet personnel to attend as this will be an open meeting. We will be taking feedback for the fleets that have showed interest and taking any suggestions on other fleets. We will only be able to invite 3 fleets. I wanted to give everybody an update as to what is happening. Thank you for your attention, see you at the staff meeting!

FADM Fortin 

I'm glad to see the 7th participating in the new Armada system. As our projects (or at least the easy parts) finish before most can donate, this will help with that. (I myself have an alt that I am unable to get fleet gear for due to not being able to donate my millions of dilithium or multitude of marks for easy fleet creds).

I work Thursday night so I will not be able to attend, no matter how much I'd like to. However, I am confident the right choices of fleets will be made for our armada.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Was wondering if Reps from theseother fleets will also be at the meeting... which I know realize i also work and will not be able to attend as well :/

Ryo Himura wrote:

I'm glad to see the 7th participating in the new Armada system. As our projects (or at least the easy parts) finish before most can donate, this will help with that. (I myself have an alt that I am unable to get fleet gear for due to not being able to donate my millions of dilithium or multitude of marks for easy fleet creds).

I work Thursday night so I will not be able to attend, no matter how much I'd like to. However, I am confident the right choices of fleets will be made for our armada.

Over a million dilithium needed in the com array right now sir...

Edward Hau wrote:
Ryo Himura wrote:

Over a million dilithium needed in the com array right now sir...

As mentioned in fleet chat.......we have an entire new holding to fill....

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

FADM Fortin, may I suggest that you add a simple poll to your original post.  That way we can get a idea of the "wind direction" the rest of the fleet is blowing on this issue. 

(Rough draft):

Should the 7th Fleet/7th I.T.S. allow small fleets to join us under the new Armada system?

a.  Yes

b.  No

####

If you are unable to join us for the Staff meeting on Thursday, please post your views on this subject on this thread.  We are only as good as a Fleet as our members allow, so we value all opinions. 

Note:  As of this date, we understand that we won't be able to have "cross-faction" fleets at this time.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

Wupteedo wrote:

FADM Fortin, may I suggest that you add a simple poll to your original post.  That way we can get a idea of the "wind direction" the rest of the fleet is blowing on this issue. 

(Rough draft):

Should the 7th Fleet/7th I.T.S. allow small fleets to join us under the new Armada system?

a.  Yes

b.  No

####

If you are unable to join us for the Staff meeting on Thursday, please post your views on this subject on this thread.  We are only as good as a Fleet as our members allow, so we value all opinions. 

Note:  As of this date, we understand that we won't be able to have "cross-faction" fleets at this time.

Qapla'

I don't think it's about whether they want to join with smaller fleets that's the issue.  Thursday meeting we will be discussing who we join with and not if.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

davisjm0311 wrote:

I don't think it's about whether they want to join with smaller fleets that's the issue.  Thursday meeting we will be discussing who we join with and not if.

It appears Sir, that you are much better informed than I. 

davisjm0311

That's just what I've gathered from the chat in vent and the OP's original post. I could be wrong. 

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

davisjm0311 wrote:

That's just what I've gathered from the chat in vent and the OP's original post. I could be wrong. 

Or you could be correct and I'm wrong, hence the term, scuttlebutt

++++

Food for thought for the other Starbase.  One of the Warriors at last night's Kick-a-Tribble brought up an interesting point.  It may not be in the 7th I.T.S. best interest to be a "Alpha" fleet, due primarily to our size and active player base.  Though we are close to having a Tier Four Starbase, it may years for 7th I.T.S. to achieve Tier Five.   To quote Veronica Salt; "I want it, NOW!", i.e., access to the Tier Five goodies.  I believe, being a Beta Fleet would be a win-win for the 7th I.T.S.  We get some smaller fleets under us, plus share a slot/status with two or three other fleets, plus have access to a larger fleets Tier Five Starbase.  As a added bonus, actually have friendly KDF players to group up with vice PUGS.  Except for Kick-a-Tribble nights, playing KDF 7th I.T.S. is very lonely on most nights (think "I'm so Lonely" song from "Team America"). 

I would like other Warriors from the 7th I.T.S. to sound off on this. 

Qapla'

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:
davisjm0311 wrote:

++++

Food for thought for the other Starbase.  One of the Warriors at last night's Kick-a-Tribble brought up an interesting point.  It may not be in the 7th I.T.S. best interest to be a "Alpha" fleet, due primarily to our size and active player base.  Though we are close to having a Tier Four Starbase, it may years for 7th I.T.S. to achieve Tier Five.   To quote Veronica Salt; "I want it, NOW!", i.e., access to the Tier Five goodies.  I believe, being a Beta Fleet would be a win-win for the 7th I.T.S.  We get some smaller fleets under us, plus share a slot/status with two or three other fleets, plus have access to a larger fleets Tier Five Starbase.  As a added bonus, actually have friendly KDF players to group up with vice PUGS.  Except for Kick-a-Tribble nights, playing KDF 7th I.T.S. is very lonely on most nights (think "I'm so Lonely" song from "Team America"). 

Qapla'

I thought that was the idea from the get go? The I.T.S. doesn't have the player base to be an Alpha fleet plus the benefit for being a Beta or even a Gamma fleet would be a greater help then the Alpha fleet bonus.

Anton Mercer wrote:
Wupteedo wrote:
davisjm0311 wrote:

++++

Qapla'

I thought that was the idea from the get go? The I.T.S. doesn't have the player base to be an Alpha fleet plus the benefit for being a Beta or even a Gamma fleet would be a greater help then the Alpha fleet bonus.

From the last staff meeting (IMHO); everything was left "open-ended" about the Armada system.  Do our due diligence (research), get ideas/opinions from fleet members, report back and discuss at next Staff meeting.  Decisions will be made then.   The 7th Fleet has an excellent group of core officers that will do what is right for Fleet.  The 7th I.T.S. is well, putting it politely, as mention above, the other Fleet.  I will do my best to advocate what is best for the 7th I.T.S. (see above), but at the end of the day, the 7th I.T.S. is still an auxiliary/reserve component to the 7th Fleet. 

However, back to your question, Sir.  Based on my knowledge of the KDF side of the game, the 7th I.T.S. is a mid-size fish in KDF pond.  There are few huge fish (fleets) and lots of bait fish swimming around the KDF pond.  This is based on the size of our Starbase, not on membership.  So early on, I thought about the 7th I.T.S. as an alpha fleet.   I view this from the standpoint of really making our SB grow to Tier Five and having other warriors to do STF's and such on other nights.  Some research on my part, plus input from yourself and other warriors of the 7th I.T.S. has shown me the error in my thinking.  I now believe it is now in the best interest of the 7th I.T.S. to be at least a Beta Fleet.   I will do my best to convince other members of the Command Staff to let the 7th I.T.S. do this.  As Gunny Highway would say: "Improvise, adapt, overcome!"

It is requested that all member of the 7th I.T.S. be at Thursdays Staff Meeting to show support for our goal.   Sorry, but due to location (Delta Research Lab), you have to wear your Federation colors.  

Qapla'

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

From FlyingTarg (Cryptic Developer)

"Your fleet has complete control over the following:
1. Which of your projects other fleets can donate to at all
2. Which resources your fleet members can donate to other fleets in the Armada
3. Which resources other fleets in the Armada can donate to you

So as a Fleet leader, you can set up a project just for the members of your Fleet only. Or, if you have fleet marks covered and just need help with dilithium and duty officers, you can restrict other fleets from donating Fleet Marks to your projects, leaving those available for the members of your fleet only. Or, if you want to make sure that all dilithium is spent on your Fleet projects and not the Fleet projects of other Fleets in the Armada, you can restrict that as well.

Each Fleet has almost complete control over how resources are spent on Armada Fleet Holdings for their members. The only thing we don't allow is we don't allow Fleet A to say that it's members can't donate to a specific task of Fleet B's."

####

Apparently there is something called "reddit" in which the Developers also post nuggets of information. 

The more you know.....and knowing is only half the battle!

Qapla'

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Anyone have friends or suggestions on what Fleets would be a good match for the 7th Fleet or 7th I.T.S. ?

If you can not attend tonight's Staff meeting, is there anyone in the Fleet who would like to contribute their ideas or thoughts on the matter? 

(Food for thought or Spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks)

What size would be a good size for Beta Fleets?

Should Beta Fleets be "like-minded" in areas such as chain of command, leadership, role-playing as the 7th Fleet.

Should we look for Beta Fleets with similar gaming "values?" Define "values."  For myself, it's easy - respect others, play nice, be fair, don't be a dick

What else should be important to us for a Beta Fleet? 

Please advise as this is your Fleet as well.

Qapla'

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sounds to me like you are on the right track here regarding our KDF sister Fleet, and I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks about it, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: