View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: New Fleet Members for September

Kor Namebar

I would like to extend a warm welcome to our newest Ensigns:  Solomon Cain, Sam Axe, Jonus, Emphatic, Wil Phoenix, mitchy, sean hill, T'Kiera, and Ronin.

This post will be edited as new Ensigns graduate from Star Fleet Academy and are arriving with their new commands, ready to join the Lucky 7th.   All Fleet members who are Sec III and above [CAPT and above] are welcome to extend Fleet invites to the new recruits listed in this thread, if they should request it.  Please do not invite anyone to the Fleet unless they have an accepted application on this site, and they appear on this list.  The -at- identities of all the new August recruits are as follows:

Solomon Cain@sonsofcain
Sam Axe@lonecrow72
Jonus@dannyfancy
Emphatic@Capt.Malice
Wil Phoenix@Kingphoenix008
mitchy@mitchyminecraft2 [or @PyreWolf11]
sean hill@scooter1201
T'Kiera@Klingyon
Ronin@areis2012

Last edited by VADM Kor on 09/20/15 18:57; edited 7 times in total
BigBob357

Thanks for having me. Can't wait to contribute and join in on the fun!!!

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Welcome aboard, Sir.  If you have a KDF or a Romulan/KDF toon, please feel free to join us at the 7th I.T.S.  We have dancing girls, bloodwine, and good times.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

VADM Kor:  I've been thinking (image wood burning), but I have been using the item below for about 15 years in my various guilds as an icebreaker for new folks:

The Five Questions asked on Babylon Five:

• Who are you? (The Vorlon Question)
  • What do you want? (The Shadow Question)
  • Why are you here? (Emperor Turhan’s Question)
  • Where are you going? (Techno Mage’s Question)
  • Do you have anything worth living for?  (Lorien’s Question)

The above is not meant to be answered here, as it is merely an icebreaker.  However, as a group of people thrown together and plan on spending a lot of time in digital space, it would be nice to know who your Wingman or Backseater is. 

1) If you could be a known Super Hero, who would it be? 

2) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

3) What is your favorite sci-fi/fantasy book? 

4) You have died, and your “Maker/God/Higher Power” offers you an opportunity to live your next life in your favorite game.  Was is it?

5) 7th Fleet question:  What is your favorite Star Trek series?  If you don't have one, then what is your favorite Sci-Fi TV series or movie?

Cheers Cool

++++

Heck, wouldn't mind if this was answer by current membership as well.  Who are you people?   Don't know how to incorporate this into the website, but that's for greater minds to decide.  Anyway, food for thought at the next staff meeting. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

BigBob357

If someone be ever so kind as to send me  in-game invite, I have some marks I'd like to contribute

1) Nightcrawler

2)paleontologist (settled for archaeologist)

3)The Dresden Files

4)Legacy of Kain or Dragon Age

5) ST: DS9

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Welcome aboard!

o`

Welcome aboard, Sir! Nice to have a fellow admirer if REH in the fleet. I have been reading his stories about Cain, Conan, Cormac Mac Art, Kull, and Bran Mak Morn for about forty years. Nice to see another fan!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@CPT Knightnblu: I have to admit I'm at a loss sir. While I am familiar with REH, I'm not sure which of his works I listed, lol.

SC 

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

1) If you could be a known Super Hero, who would it be?  - A: Dr. Strange

2) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  A: a trashman lol

3) What is your favorite sci-fi/fantasy book?  A: LOTR #1 #2 wheel of time series by robert jordan/brandon sanderson

4) You have died, and your “Maker/God/Higher Power” offers you an opportunity to live your next life in your favorite game.  Was is it? A: thats tough, #1 LOTRO #2 leisure suit larry :)

5) 7th Fleet question:  What is your favorite Star Trek series?  If you don't have one, then what is your favorite Sci-Fi TV series or movie? A: TNG 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
BigBob357

Leisure Suit Larry!!! I haven't heard that game/name in forever. Not sure I'd want to be Larry, though. HE always gets screwed....and not in a good way, lol.

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

VADM Kor:  I've been thinking (image wood burning), but I have been using the item below for about 15 years in my various guilds as an icebreaker for new folks:

The Five Questions asked on Babylon Five:

• Who are you? (The Vorlon Question)
  • What do you want? (The Shadow Question)
  • Why are you here? (Emperor Turhan’s Question)
  • Where are you going? (Techno Mage’s Question)
  • Do you have anything worth living for?  (Lorien’s Question)

The above is not meant to be answered here, as it is merely an icebreaker.  However, as a group of people thrown together and plan on spending a lot of time in digital space, it would be nice to know who your Wingman or Backseater is. 

1) If you could be a known Super Hero, who would it be? 

2) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

3) What is your favorite sci-fi/fantasy book? 

4) You have died, and your “Maker/God/Higher Power” offers you an opportunity to live your next life in your favorite game.  Was is it?

5) 7th Fleet question:  What is your favorite Star Trek series?  If you don't have one, then what is your favorite Sci-Fi TV series or movie?

Cheers Cool

++++

Heck, wouldn't mind if this was answer by current membership as well.  Who are you people?   Don't know how to incorporate this into the website, but that's for greater minds to decide.  Anyway, food for thought at the next staff meeting. 

Nice, very cool, I like it!  Don't forget to bring it up at the next meeting!

re: Thanks for the invite

To all my comrades in the 7th,

Thanks for having me. I already have learned a lot from you all and am looking forward to many more missions together!

Ensign Axe

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Solomon_Cain wrote:

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@CPT Knightnblu: I have to admit I'm at a loss sir. While I am familiar with REH, I'm not sure which of his works I listed, lol.

SC 

Solomon Cain was the character of Robert E. Howard's that I was speaking in reference to. He was a puritan that was introduced by Howard in the 1920's for pulp magazines and his adventures oftentimes would include the supernatural. I especially enjoyed his adventures in darkest Africa.

A movie was recently released in the U.S. on DVD about the character starring James Purefoy in the lead role. But I like the books better. If you are a reader, I highly recommend Howard's Pigeons from Hell. Definitely a spine chiller.

Richter

@Knightnblu

Now I know what you're talking about. Prior to my current character, I had one named Noah Cain (which I stupidly deleted) and my ship was the U.S.S Solomon. So when I created my current one I used the ship's name as the character's first name.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: