View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Captain's log USS New Orleans

*Begin recording*

My meeting at Earth Space Dock with Admiral Quinn went very well...I was ordered to Utopia yards to take command of the USS New Orleans...one of the new Resolute Class Heavy Cruisers. My first impressions are good...though she lacks some of the clean lines of the Sovereign Class...she has many more capabilities....I'm looking forward to finding out how I can tweak some of her systems...another happy note...the New Orleans is being sent to the 7th Fleet for deployment as soon as we finish our shakedown...which begins tomorrow with a trip to New Romulus.

*End recording*

Awarded:

*begin recording*

Our shakedown went well....aside from a few minor issues which were dealt with by the crew we found no flaws that would preclude us from joining the fleet immediately...once I contacted Starfleet to advise them that the shakedown was complete I was ordered to Starbase 739 to report to Admiral Fortin for assignment with the 7th Fleet *she pauses and looks off camera for a moment * I...we are coming home...and I look forward to seeing familiar as well as new faces.

*end recording*

Awarded:

Captain Mavendorf stood in the COS' office...as usual her uniform was correct and flawless...her white hair carefully groomed, her Borg Implants adding a slightly greenish tinge to her pale skin...she had not moved since she reported in and had been advised that Admiral Fortin would see her momentarily...her only movement had been there eyes moving about to scan the room.

The door whooshed open and the Chief of Staff came through "The Admiral will see you now Captain." he told her. She gave him a sharp salute and strode to the door...she paused to knock on the door frame but Admiral Fortin's voice stopped her "Enter!" He called out

She marched into the office and stopped exactly three paces from his desk and saluted "Captain Mavendorf and the USS New Orleans reporting to the 7th Fleet Admiral." she gave a text book greeting.

Admiral Fortin returned the salute "Stand at Ease Captain." he ordered. She came to a loose position of parade rest and the admiral spent a moment looking her over...she looked a lot better than she had when she had left the fleet a year ago...she no longer looked tired and haunted...her eyes were once again bright and her posture was that of the confident, almost cocky officer he remembered from the times before the battles with the Tholians had worn her down so badly "It's good to have you back Cleo." he smiled

"It's good to be back sir." she replied relaxing her stance a bit "I've missed the fleet." For her this was a great display of emotion...since her assimilation a few years ago her outward demeanor had changed drastically. Admiral Fortin nods to her "I am glad you decided to take up command again...we need all the experience we can muster with the Iconians revealing themselves.."

She simply nods slowly "The New Orleans is ready sir...where do you need us?" Direct and to the point as always

"I'm sending you to Quonos to liase with the Klingons for now...the Chief of Staff has the details." he replied...then his tone softened a bit "Is there anything you or the New Orleans needs?"

She smiles slightly "If your engineers wouldn't mind my digging through their supplies a bit I have come up with a few ideas for modifications I'd like to try out on her."

The Admiral laughs a bit "Alright Cleo...just try not to do any lasting damage to the dockyards."  She grins again and comes to attention and snaps off a slute "Aye sir!"

"Dismissed." he returns the salute with a shake of his head. She pivots and strides from the office smiling...it is indeed good to be home again

Jump to: