View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Operation Ares XVI, Oct 2015

October Fleet Events:

Advanced Ship Build Academy, October 3, 2030 EDT [UTC -5:00].  All Armada members welcome!  This is great for prepping for the Wargames.

Admiral’s Call, October 9, 2030 EDT.  After a uniform inspection, there will be a Starbase Commissioning ceremony to celebrate the completion of Starbase 631 Solrac Yatug.

Quarterly Wargames, October 9 at 2100 EDT after Admiral’s Call, and October 10 at 2030 EDT.  This is an Armada event, too.

Ensigns’ Night: “Bull” Ensign Sam Axe will lead the new Fleet members in action on Monday nights at 2000 EDT.  October 5, 12, 19, and 26.

Kick a Tribble Mondays, join the 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron on their mad adventures, October 5, 12, 19, and 26.  2030 EDT.

Zombie Apocalypse!  We’ll run our Zombie Horde PvP ground scenario, and see who can take out the most zombies.  Plus Hearts and Minds and What Lies Beneath episodes.  October 30 and 31, 2030 EDT.

Last edited by sparrow794 on 11/02/15 1:29; edited 1 time in total

As it stands I will miss the October events.  Trying to get the ninth off but I'm not confident that I will.

Awarded:

then the rest of us might have a chance in 1v1 space wargames...i still have nightmares about the daystar clarion ;p

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Nimmoth wrote:

then the rest of us might have a chance in 1v1 space wargames...i still have nightmares about the daystar clarion ;p

Don't count on it.  There are lots of dangerous people in this fleet.  It's a question of who is going to be able to make it, and what are they going to fly...

Being an armada event there will be ships and players who are more dangerous than daystar clarion.

Awarded:

There may be a small chance I can make at least one night... I'm not just ready to take that breath and hold it though.

As always, the devil is in the details.  I don't know who will be "Tournament Master" for this, but I believe we should provide additional details since we are inviting Armada members to join as well.  So, if it was a first-time for me, coming from another fleet, or new to this Fleet, I think I would like to know:

a)  Space or Ground, both?  If so, which night for which?  Some folks loath ground while excelling at Space, and vice a-versa.  I know in the past, we have been random about this, but with new folks, we should be specific about this. 

b) Format of tournament?  Random teams, fleet specific, or Friend Teams.  (Note:  I would like to field a team of just the 7th I.T.S., but lack the numbers to do so.  As an alternate team, I would like to Captain a team made up of both 7th Fleet/7th I.T.S., but only Carrier type ships (JCSG - 7th Joint Carrier Strike Group (I just made that up)). 

c) Single or Double Elimination?  With large numbers, Single Elimination is the quickest.  With smaller participation, we can go Double-Elimination.  Still at the end of the day, it's the ability to "herd the Cats" that makes this event work in a timely manner.  And as we all know, the concept of "time" is somewhat relative on STO. 

d) Rewards or prizes.  Hey, I would be happy just to get a Battle E, but for an Armada Fleet, what are we offering something?  (Idea:  Extend the 7th Fleet "Battle E" award to Armada members by adding "Joint".) 

e) Basic tournament rules.  I know they are somewhere on the forums and we don't have to re-invent the wheel to this. 

Special Note:  Sorry, I am not volunteering for this duty.  I'm a tad burnt-out from the last several months and just want to have a few events of mindless fun.  Except for most of the Senior Staff and Fleet Elders (old-timers), most members don't know there is actually a lot of behind of scenes work that goes into these events.   For myself, running an event that Fleet members had a good time is much more satisfying then actually participating in the event.   I guess it comes from 20(+) years of either scouting or youth sports coaching.  

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

What's the uniform for the event? Dress or standard? (Admiral's call, that is)

re: Admiral's Call, Starbase Commisioning, & Uniform Inspect

This Friday night, we are having a Admiral's Call, a uniform inspection, and Commissioning our completed Starbase, prior to the War Game event.  All the information you need to know about 7th Fleet's uniforms is found Fleet Operations Manual, Directive 21, and Amendment 1.  The Fleet Operations Manual is found of the left side of the website.   I believe if you go to the tailor shop, we already have designated Fleet uniforms set-up; point, click, save, and name.   Standard uniforms for Officers and Dress Whites for Command Staff.  The "halo" above the head of your avatar should state your name, fleet rank (LT, CDR, FADM), and Fleet name. 

(Hat tip to: Capt Richtor)

Qapla'

Commodore Thu'Fir sends

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

So it is a rare thing when I hope an equipment failure does not get fixed, that being said, the U.S.S. Daystar Clarion is currently on standby pending a FedEx delivery that ruins my weekend.

Awarded:

I shall be there at least for the Admirals call. It'll be something to see the Fleet at action stations again.

The thunder from down under
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

CDR Cabcrow wrote:

I shall be there at least for the Admirals call. It'll be something to see the Fleet at action stations again.

+1

Even better, seeing if our Fleet Admirals can still fit into their Dress Whites (w/swords).       Also, special exception is given to whomever (Capt Augerson??) is the Fleet Ambassador.  You are authorized to wear your official Ambassadors Dress.

These events will take place on our Starbase.  Uniform inspection will be on the disco floor where you can line up properly; dress right dress.  Please double-check your uniform to see if you have the right rank badge and your colors match your field (engineer, science, tactical).  We may have quest from the Armada fleets, so be on your best behavior; i.e., no disco balls until the events are over.  This is a important event for our Fleet, 'nuff said.

Afterward, let the good times roll with the war games. 

Qapla'

Commodore Thu'fir

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

Only thing stopping me now is a patch file that is not found, Error 2.  Anyone else getting this?

Awarded:

I was on a non-winning team (that's a PC way of saying a losing team), but this was one of the most enjoyable war games I've been through.  Thanks for a great night.

COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Sorry to have missed Friday but Looking forward to Tonight's event!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: