View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBob357

re: Preparing for the Tour the Galaxy Event

So for those who haven't heard yet, we are planning a Tour the Galaxy event to help replenish the Fleet Bank (in terms of EC). To that end, I figured I would make a post to help those who have never done it, or have had trouble completing it. 

1) check out this link: http://logicker.net/tour/tour.html This will help w/ planning the best route.

2) equip Assimilated Borg or MACO engines if you have them.

3) if you have a one, use a ship with a 60 second slipstream.

4) use a toon with at least 6 points in driver coil (if you have one - don't respec just for this)

5) If your next destination requires you to turn more than 90 degrees it's better to slow below 1/4 speed to get yourself facing the next destination than to make a big sweeping turn. If you don't have a warp core with 100% turn in slipstream bonus, then don't try to make a turn in slipstream if said turn is greater then 45 degrees. 

Additionally, it would be great if we could get at least two people with raid party and/or Diplomatic Immunity to help with sector space travel speeds. 

Hope to see you all there,

Lt. Cain

Last edited by BigBob357 on 11/25/15 11:19; edited 1 time in total

Thank you Lt Cain for helping with this. I look forward to our adventures.

Fleet Captain Sam Axe

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

Link is 403 Forbidden

http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=2710&page=3

last entry seems helpful

Link is fixed sir. Thanks for pointing that out!

BigBob357

So are first run didn't go as smoothly as it could have, but we had fun so and added some EC to the Fleet Bank, so I'd call that a win. So for the next time we run this I've posted the route I take. I have finished both quads before using this route. A couple of other things to note. First, don't team up. Too many things can go wrong so its just best not to. Second, it's best to actually touch the star of the system that way you make sure you get credit. This can be done pretty easily by auto-navigating to the next system. However, this has a tendency to stop you just short of you destination (not sure if this can be toggled off) so I usually adjust my speed down and back up slightly.

After Sanek transwarp to Defera. Remember, since you are so close to Defera, it may not want to give you credit so you may need to fly up to the star and touch it for the reward.

Last edited by BigBob357 on 12/04/15 23:01; edited 1 time in total

For use of slipstream:

Beta Quad

@Teneebia

@Argelius

@Vorn

@New Romulous

Alpha Quad

@Defera (you will probably have to cut it short to get back on target for the next location)

@DS9 or save it for Betazed

@Tzenketh or save it for Ferenginar

If you are using a ship w/ a 60 second slipstream then this will obviously change your activation times. For example, you could start it right after hit Nimbus (especially if you have raid party and diplomatic immunity. That should get you pretty close to, if not to, the Traelus system in on your first use. Remember, turn rate in slipstream sucks so sometimes its better to cancel your slipstream early.  

Another problem we encountered last night was that some did not have the option to transwarp to a destination in the Alpha Quadrant. Another option is to transwarp to Sol and then take the "scenic" route to the Alpha Quad. Once in the Alpha Quad, you can use this route:

Awarded:

Last night was a hoot! Last night's highlights included being pulled into a battle group (Thus no groups please), getting stuck on a border of space and using change instance to break free (and teleport to Sol...not helpful).

Thanks for herding the cats and thanks for the maps! 1/2 mil last night, looking to break 1 mil tonight.

Cheers,

Sapel

Jump to: