View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talan77
Tactical - Commander

re: Ventrilo

I was just thinking it might be easier to have the fleet ranks managed in Vent as oppoesed to , for instance, having someone get promoted and having to change their username in Vent in order to show their new rank.  

Awarded:

We don't, not sure if you can do that in Vent or not.  I know you can in Teamspeak, since one of the groups I'm in for Star Citizen uses that and is doing it.  They have rank insignia in the chat channels for each user and it does look pretty cool.  But we already have enough bookkeeping so to speak, and it's not something the Staff really wants to add to their already significant list of duties that we do for free, even if Vent supports that.  So we will make you slave and change your logon name every promotion!

It takes like two seconds to change your username to show the correct rank.

Talan77
Tactical - Commander

davisjm0311 wrote:

It takes like two seconds to change your username to show the correct rank.

Then I must be doing something wrong cause I have to enter everything all over again.  It does not seem to offer an option to change the username.  And I used to be an admin in a previous fleet and changing things in Vent was very easy.  

Click on the arrow next to your name (cannot be connected), then clone and change you name there. You can then just use the new name and leave your old one, or delete the old one. 

Jump to: