View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBob357

re: Scavenger Hunt

So unless something changes between now and the Admiral's Call, we will be holding the scavenger hunt tonight. I had planned on us meeting at the Fleet Starbase, but if we end up meeting somewhere else for the meeting we can just start there. I will either update this post or create a new one later tonight with the rules and clues for the event. Hope to see everyone there!

Lt. Cmdr. Cain

Cain thanks for covering this, I totally forgot to post it.

Axe

BigBob357

No worries, sir. It's all good.

Awarded:

Nice, looking forward to it

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I won't be able to make it tonight... got a hot date

Alright, so this is how this is going to work. In total, there will be 9 clues. Each clue will require you to go to a specific location in STO. For the first 6, you will be given a quote (which I will post on the website). these quotes will lead you to a planet/system where you will need to be within 10 LYs of, and take a screenshot. Once you have taken screenshots for all six location, you will need to post them in the same thread where the questions are posted. Once, you have completed this part, you can then ask for one of the next three clue. These clues will lead you to myself, FCT Sam Axe, and/or one other individual (FADM Fortin I believe). Once you have found one of us, and we acknowledge that you found us, you may ask for the next clue.

To give you an example of what the clues will be like - one was going to be the Farpoint joke. which would have taken you to Deneb IV . . . unfortunately, while there is a Deneb sector in STO, the actual system is Deneb- Ksomethingorother and tere is no Deneb IV. so to avoid confusion, this was scrapped as a clue. If there are any questions/disputes about the locations we will try and answer them as they arise on a case-by-case basis, assuming you actually know the answer. 

These clues will test your knowledge of the ST universe (movies, TV shows, STO, etc.). Hopefully, you know your Trek, and the answers will be obvious. Should you not know the answers . . . figure it out (i.e. look it up) The only stipulation is that you may NOT look at the Fleet Roster tab to see where other members are on the map. Furthermore, all participants MUST use their 7th Fleet toons (sorry 7th ITS). More clarification on the format/rules can be provided after the Admiral's Call, and hopefully we will also announce the prizes then as well.

Good Lock!

Jump to: