View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Please help the token Romulan catch up to ya'all.

Vashaar is the name. I used to be quite active in the guild, but took some time off. I am coming back, and was wondering if someone could provide guidance in Ventrillo on how to help me catch-up with where everyone else is. My character is a science officer, who has maxed out in Intelligence to start. I have not always flown science ships though. I have nearly every Romulan ship, and would like advice on choosing one I can stick with from the Fleet I trust.

As a Romulan, my choices for a satisfactory science ship are limited. Basically the Ha'nom T-5U, or the Deihu. What I am interested in though, is not necessarily a science ship. I want survivability and firepower/dirty tricks.

Ships I have that are choices are:

Fleet Dinaes

Fleet D'Deridex T-5U

Fleet Faeht 

Fleet Morrigu

Fleet Daeinos

Fleet Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit

Deihu Command Battlecruiser.

I am genuinely interested in some opinions as to which one would have the survivability for fleet wargames next quarter. How to pick a great ship playing as a science officer, not flying a science ship.

Please help this old Romulan get back on his feet:)

Vashaar

Awarded:

FCAPT Davis will help you out Sir, look for him in Vent, he's there just about every day.

Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I will contact him. I am wondering how long it would take me to level a Fed character from level one, playing a few hours every night. As a Romulan, I do feel like the odd man out sometimes, but lets be honest, their ships are just way cooler.

Awarded:

I believe I am going to try to level the Federation Engineer I have, and go with a Fleet Arbiter Battlecruiser, or maybe Fleet Guardian. Unfortunately, all the good equipment is on Vashaar:(. I want to build and absolute tank, a brick wall.

Still, I shall adapt, and the U.S.S. Pearl Harbor will again emerge from the wormhole to serve the fleet.

They're making it pretty easy to get the anniversary ship. Run the new mission once and you get 400 of the 1000 you need, and then 40 each day so that's roughly 15 days for a free ship. It would be easier than leveling a new toon, plus it's account wide so if you ever do decide to roll a new toon you can simply claim it later. 

Awarded:

i run a fed engineer on an arbiter as my main...a few different setups to play around with...its a good mix of surviveability and dps...but of course not on the max side of either..and only 2 sci skills (HE and ST or FBP is good). FBP has been pawning me in pvp lately so i decided to give it a try, as i am like most people i pour on the all the dps and skills right at the start of a fight. 

i have been planning to make a rom alt for a a while now too, are you kdf or fed aligned?

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

My Romulan is Fed aligned. I can help leveling if you need. I am fooling around with the Fleet Dinaes right now. I do love those dual heavy canons. I will likely not use a science ship at all. I know on my Fed toon, I finally won my Battle "E" award with an Excelsior class, not a science ship. As a Romulan, the Deihu Command Battlecruiser is my favorite. I have been gone so long, I know nothing about the whole Admiralty thing, and the other new stuff.

Just my two cents.  Start over with a Romulan/Reman that was a former Borq.  When you hit level 10, affiliate with the KDF.  Would love to have you and our side is much more fun.   We have much nicer uniforms, pretty girls, and lots of Bloodwine.   Plus you get access to the lower tier KDF ships. 

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I do want to do a Reman.

Jump to: