Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Solutions and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Windows 10 - where are the screenshots hidden?

Sir, sorry, I am technology impaired.  Would like to know where/how to retrieve screenshots for awards purposes from Windows 10?  

I miss the good old days!

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

T'Kiera
Tactical - Captain

Great question.

To take a screenshot:  Find the "prt sc" button on your keyboard, or something else that resembles "print screen."  If you are on a laptop, this may come in the form of a sub-button, which means you will have to use your "Fn" key to access that function.  To only screenshot the window you are in (presumably STO), open up the STO window, and do the following key combo:  ctrl+alt+fn+prt sc (print screen)"  This will only take a screen capture of the current window opened.  Keep in mind, if you are not on a laptop, you probably wont need to use the "fn" portion of the key combo as it wont exist, just the "ctrl+alt+prt sc".  This will take a screenshot.

Once you've done the screenshot:  When you take a screenshot, it is copied to the clipboard (the virtual object that holds all things you "copy/past").  So, if you took a screenshot, simply open up the program "paint" by using the search bar in the lower left corner, and doing a "control+v" to past it in.  You can edit the image from there (if you need to) and then also save it from that program to a location and name of your choice.

Thank you, Mr. T'Kiera, that is one way to do it.  However, I was looking for the way to do it through STO via the "/printscreen.jpg" way.  This gives a much higher quality picture than "printscreen" and whatever command you use from "Stream."  When you use this, back under Windows 7, it store the pictures under the Cryptic/STO (don't remember) program and you poked around until you found your screenshot folder.  From there I copied them to another folder and use some sort of built-in photo editor, then saved.  Once saved, I moved them to a desktop folder, then copy & pasted to a Photo folder on the 7th Fleet webpage.   I have since switched over to Windows 10 and nothing makes sense, but it does make the computer go fast (+/-).

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

in sto, do /renderscale 2 then /screenshot_ui_jpg for ones with UI (for ribbon purposes) for art purposes hit alt-f12 to remove ui then just /screenshot. once done /renderscale 1..but i leave mine at /renderscale 2 all the time..if your computer cant handle that..try /renderscale 1.5..it will improve graphic quality in game!

the folder is (non-steam) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

also a link! http://sto.gamepedia.com/Screen_shot

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Solutions and Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: