View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
davisjm0311

re: Season 11.5 coming April 12th

Season 11.5 brings the skill revamp, Strategist specialization, and Romulan Admiralty system. 

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9875443-star-trek-online%3A-season-11.5-coming-april-12th%21

Last edited by davisjm0311 on 03/24/16 8:20; edited 2 times in total

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Thank you for the heads up, sir. I have been wondering when it was going to drop. I have also been playing with the new skill system on Tribble. I strongly encourage everyone to import a character over to tribble and play with it before it goes live.

So i've been on Tribble for a few hours now, and while i waited for the 12GB patch to finish, i combed through the forum discussion. Overall, I like the new skill system. I wish it gave a few more points for us to spend, but I think it'll all work out in the end. A

A couple of thoughts. First, I want to echo what Knightnblu said. You really should check it out, of for if no other reason than to familiarize yourself with some of the changes. Second, don't freak out when you see a number of things besides the actual skills have changed. For instance, Techie (an Engineer personal trait) won't heal as much, but apparently it's duration will be longer. Additionally, there is supposed to be at least one more review/balancing of the new system prior to launch so for those of you who do hop on Tribble, keep that in mind. 

Awarded:

Finally some love for the Romulans!

Valerien79 wrote:

Finally some love for the Romulans!

How much love does the master race need?!?!

I may have this weekend off, not too sure at the moment.  Will definitely need the spark notes from someone on the new system.

So from what i understand 5.5.16. is season 12 but what am i suppose to take away from the enterprise 1701 going to warp?

is cryptic making a jjverse event? lol.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Ah, did I miss something?  What about finishing off the mirror-Universe Terran Empire first?  Then again, I was expecting about four to six more episodes of fighting the mighty Iconians. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

you-kick-my-dog

Wupteedo wrote:

Ah, did I miss something?  What about finishing off the mirror-Universe Terran Empire first?  Then again, I was expecting about four to six more episodes of fighting the mighty Iconians. 

Why would you expect cryptic to do anything in line with something that would make sense?

BigBob357

Season 11.5 should, at the very least, be interesting. It'll probably take a while for people to get used to. According to some of the blogs, interviews, leaks, and other scuttlebutt, there are some big changes coming our way. Data mining has revealed that we should have some ugly new ships coming our way. Of course, there will be a new lockbox. Ker'rat will be going away along with the other PvP arenas (PvP queues will remain). The Devs have suggested we'll get at least one extra respec token. Data mining also indicates we will finally get a new Fleet Holding (Temporal). I'm looking forward to it.

NNOOOoooo, I can't take any more change!

So how much of this "new & improved" STO going to cost me in time and dilithium? 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

you-kick-my-dog

BigBob357 wrote:

Season 11.5 should, at the very least, be interesting. It'll probably take a while for people to get used to. According to some of the blogs, interviews, leaks, and other scuttlebutt, there are some big changes coming our way. Data mining has revealed that we should have some ugly new ships coming our way. Of course, there will be a new lockbox. Ker'rat will be going away along with the other PvP arenas (PvP queues will remain). The Devs have suggested we'll get at least one extra respec token. Data mining also indicates we will finally get a new Fleet Holding (Temporal). I'm looking forward to it.

Not kerrat :( that place is the only cluster fuck warzone we have :(  *plays bagpipes*

BigBob357

you-kick-my-dog wrote:
BigBob357 wrote:

Not kerrat :( that place is the only cluster fuck warzone we have :(  *plays bagpipes*

The word on the street is that cryptic is looking to cut the amount of incoming complaints, and apparently there are a disproportionate number of complaints reported by players in Ker'rat. Another significant group of complaints appears to be coming from players who are upset that certain abilities get nerfed because a comparatively small group of players (read PvPers) think its unfair. I haven't seen where the Devs have acknowledged this particular part to be the reason, but they haven't disputed it either. I know they were tossing around the idea of adding a seperate set of stats to abilites that were considered "unfair" but I think that was more wishful thinking on the part of some players rather than something Devs were seriously considering.    

I don't think there is a such thing as real pvp anymore....people who complain about kerrat want to feel safe in knowing who and how many of  x their fighting. Karate is a total warzone and to take that way and make this game even more predictable then it already is ....would be mind numbing.

The nerf complainers are even worse because their just mad they can't get their one shot kills with 100% pen.

If anything they need to reintegrate the kerrats so its all players of any level in one warzone. No one is forced to go to kerrat you only go there if you want to and you know what to expect. 

BigBob357

This is a link to the discussion on the "karate" system, here

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: