View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

re: Ideas on a Dabo Event

Hey guys, Over that past few weeks I've been thinking and talking about the Idea of a Dabo Night event, so far I have two possible venues and three possible dates and times for the event and I would really appreciate some feedback on them.

Lets start off with the venues.

Sto at this moment only has Six total places where people can actually play Dabo, This is across all factions.

1. Quarks, DS9
  2. Drozana Station
  3. Paradise City, Nimbus III
  4. Lohlunat Festival, Risa
  5. D'Kora-class Marauder Bridge
  6. Nandi-class Warship Bridge 

With that being said, We can eliminate two places right off the bat. this being Quarks and the Lohunat Festival. DS9 is too well known and there are missions centered in the station itself so that would limit the amount of players at the Dabo table, and though I don't expect the whole fleet to come online and play I'd rather leave spots open then to have them filled by people who aren't in the fleet. And the Lohunat Festival is only open during certain parts of the year, much like the STO Anniversary and the Winter Event.  So that leaves option 2,3,5 and 6. And I personally don't play the Klingon side and I don't know anyone in the fleet why has those bridges or ships, Nor do I know if you can invite Fed side characters to a Klingon Bridge (As I said I don't play Klingon). So unless someone can give me more insight to how the Klingon's work I may have to cross out the last two options.

So that leaves Paradise City and Drozana Station.

Next up is date and time, at this moment I have three dates in mind.

• The 29th of April at 2000 hrs
  • The 13th of May at 2000 hrs
  • The 20th of Mat at 2000 hrs

I'm not sure if i can push for this month as we are already in the third week of it. But I'll leave that to the admirals as I think they give the final approval. 

The last thing I want to talk about is Prizes! I have had incredible luck with Lockboxes this week and have managed to get a total of 5 Plasmonic Leech packs (Worth around 70,000,000 on the exchange). So I shall be giving them out as prizes. The way I'm thinking of giving them out is that we play 10 rounds of normal Dabo, then on the 11th the person that the Dabo game say won the most will receive a Plasmonic Leech. That will give us a total 55 rounds of Dabo, Five being jackpot rounds.

So that's my idea, I'd really like some feedback or some ideas on this as I think it'd be really fun to have a Fleet Event like this. We could call it: The Dirtiest, Sexiest, Sweatiest game of Dabo.

*EDIT*

As of now I've got three ideas as to where we should hold the event, Knightnblu has graciously offered his Klingon Bridge and I have since found out the Fed characters can be invited on to Klingon Bridges. The Nandi-Class Warship Bridge is a little small but if push comes to shove I can always stand on the Dabo table and start dancing to five some extra space for people (Think of it as extra entertainment). 

Last edited by FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries on 04/12/16 23:15; edited 1 time in total

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Sign me up, sir! Sounds like a good time to me. You may also want to re-consider Drozana as Starfleet Dental used to grief people there and it has a bad rep as a result. Still, I think that a Dabo night would be fun.

Knightnblu wrote:

Sign me up, sir! Sounds like a good time to me. You may also want to re-consider Drozana as Starfleet Dental used to grief people there and it has a bad rep as a result. Still, I think that a Dabo night would be fun.

Its a hard choice to make, I didn't know about the griefing there, at this moment I'm wanting to hold the event somewhere with low player traffic, I thought Drozana would be a good choice because it doesn't have as many missions set on it like Nimbus or DS9. I'll speak to someone from the lumpy forehead- uh I mean Klingon fleet about bridge invites.

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

I have a Nandi and you are welcome to use it, if that is what you want to do. It's a bit small, but it should accommodate  7 to 10 people easily enough.

What time zone are we talking about?  Also, I assume the competition is to see who can get the most GPL?  There is going to be a large bit of randomness to this... but it sounds like fun.  

Might even think of it being a yearly event, maybe even a ribbon.

T'Kiera wrote:

What time zone are we talking about?  Also, I assume the competition is to see who can get the most GPL?  There is going to be a large bit of randomness to this... but it sounds like fun.  

Might even think of it being a yearly event, maybe even a ribbon.

I wouldn't go that far T'Kiera, but the timezone is the same for all fleet events, I had to make sure of that because I'm already 14 hours ahead of most the members of the fleet. And STO likes to sync up to my timezone and not yours. So for me the next Staff Command Meeting is on the 29th at 1030 hrs, but for you guys it would be the 28th at 2030 hrs. And I don't think it will be who gets the most GPL because it'd be just a FlusterCuck trying to track who gets what, so that's where the idea comes that we have 10 rounds where people can place normal bets and win GPL like you'd normally would when playing Dabo, then on the 11th round the person who the game says won the most GLP will get a Leech as a Jackpot, I kinda wanted to put in another rule where if you got one of the special Dabo combinations on the game you'd just win like three of the Leeches, but the chances of that happening are less then 1% so I don't think I want to put in that rule.

Also thanks Knightnblu, I may take you up on that offer.

T'Kiera
Tactical - Captain

Devils Advocate:  So then.. what is the point of the first 10 rounds, if they dont count towards any sort of competition?  How would we know if people even played.  To limit the cluster of an effort that would go into tracking how much people won, we could ask what people currently have, then have them play X amount of rounds, then ask for what they now have, and the top gaining people get the prizes.  If this was done in an excel spreadsheet, it shouldnt take too long to set up and execute.

Just wanted to let you know that I just played a few rounds of Dabo on Risa.  It is up and running, but you might have to wait a few seconds for the window to pop-up. 
FYI, Power Board racing is always a good time with 7th Fleet players.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Wupteedo wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that I just played a few rounds of Dabo on Risa.  It is up and running, but you might have to wait a few seconds for the window to pop-up. 
FYI, Power Board racing is always a good time with 7th Fleet players.

Qapla'

I'm game! Been itching to use the board Cryptic gave me. Also, the summer event is right around the corner. Can't wait. ;-)

T'Kiera wrote:

Devils Advocate:  So then.. what is the point of the first 10 rounds, if they dont count towards any sort of competition?  How would we know if people even played.  To limit the cluster of an effort that would go into tracking how much people won, we could ask what people currently have, then have them play X amount of rounds, then ask for what they now have, and the top gaining people get the prizes.  If this was done in an excel spreadsheet, it shouldnt take too long to set up and execute.

That's a fair point, but you have to keep in mind that the time in between rounds is very short, its a good idea in theory but in practice, it can go south really quickly.

As it is a Dabo table In STO has 36 slots, but only 27 of witch can be bet on. Lets say we got a total of 9 people to play that means that everyone can bet on three slots ranging from 10 - 100 GPL or EC and depending on what you bet you can get anywhere between 0 - 1000 GPL for a combination on one slot, now times that by three and then you have one persons winnings for one round. Even with the excel spreadsheet I'd have to do this 9 times just for one round, and I have to do this and set up for the next round. This will only get harder to calculate if we have more then 9 people. 

Now I've good with math but I'm not that fast, even with the help of a computer.

I'll have a look down at Risa to see how much player traffic there is I doubt there would be much, and besides I think it would be nice for the admirals to have a break from the Dabo table at Drozana and get some time out in the sun. thanks Wupteedo for telling me about Risa

T'Kiera
Tactical - Captain

You wouldnt have them report winnings to you after each round.  You'd have them report their starting number, and then the number after the 10th round (or however many rounds you want to play at).  The difference between the two will tell you the top winners.  That will make it so we can go through the entire "Play" portion of the event without needing to stop.

T'Kiera wrote:

You wouldnt have them report winnings to you after each round.  You'd have them report their starting number, and then the number after the 10th round (or however many rounds you want to play at).  The difference between the two will tell you the top winners.  That will make it so we can go through the entire "Play" portion of the event without needing to stop.

How about a combination of the two, lets say we had 9 people attend, we run 9 rounds and at then end of each round the game says who won the most, we log who won what and after 9 rounds the person who won the most gets a leech. that way it eliminates that possibility of someone saying they won more then what they actually did.

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sounds like a fun event!  I think you should play through a dry run with a couple people some time in the next few weeks to make sure your system of verifying winners works.  Also I would say that you are welcome to run your event any time you decide will work for you, but I'll point out that if you set the event to a date in the month of May, then you'll have the advantage of getting your event listed in the monthly Admin Cycle & Meeting Minutes, so everyone will be able to see the date and time right on the main page.  To have that happen, all you have to do is to make sure that FCAPT Cain has the date that you decide on in his event list, and it is a done deal.  He will make sure that we get that date set in our monthly meeting on 4/28.  You should also decide if you want that event to be open to everyone, including Armada members, or just to the 7th Fleet/7th ITS.  You can PM me if you would like me to assist you with play testing it.  

Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Yes to May and Risa! Execute...

VADM Kor wrote:

Sounds like a fun event!  I think you should play through a dry run with a couple people some time in the next few weeks to make sure your system of verifying winners works.  Also I would say that you are welcome to run your event any time you decide will work for you, but I'll point out that if you set the event to a date in the month of May, then you'll have the advantage of getting your event listed in the monthly Admin Cycle & Meeting Minutes, so everyone will be able to see the date and time right on the main page.  To have that happen, all you have to do is to make sure that FCAPT Cain has the date that you decide on in his event list, and it is a done deal.  He will make sure that we get that date set in our monthly meeting on 4/28.  You should also decide if you want that event to be open to everyone, including Armada members, or just to the 7th Fleet/7th ITS.  You can PM me if you would like me to assist you with play testing it.  

Thank you sir, I'm going to finish my patch then I go have a look at the venue. I may get you in for a dry run along with a couple of other members. As T'Keira said before it would be cool to have this as a yearly event, but we'll have to see how the first one goes.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: