Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

re: Carrier Night Tomorrow

Just wanted to remind everyone that carrier night will be happening tomorrow night at DS-9. It's a fun event and one well worth your time. Fed and KDF are welcome and it's a great opportunity for both sides of the fleet to participate together. All you need is a flight deck and you are golden!

See you at DS-9!

Gorgas/Richter

We learn from our forefathers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGIqvnHNUmk

"Into the Wind" OPS is not like this, except starting at 1.21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyAn3fSs8_A

Cheers!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

"Into the Wind" - Carrier Operations tonight!

Muster before 2030 (EST) at the DS9 Engineering Bay. 

If you can launch only one flight of fighters, please feel free to join us. 

This is a Federation (Starfleet) event. 

Cheers

Captain Douglas Adams, OIC

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

That was fun last night.  Thanks, guys.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Capt Nannoc
Science - Captain

Awarded:

re: Much Fun, Great Event! Carrier recommendations?

July 13th was my first carrier ops event and was quite fun!  Appreciated the head's up!!!

For the Carrier Experts:  I am an engineer that loves carriers and has 800 LOBI.  I am at a breaking point and will likely make a T5U purchase (while behind the curve, each has traits that make them fun to play).  I have come down to these carriers:  Jem'Hadar (firepower), Recluse (versatility), or Advanced Obelisk (pretty!).  As this is a one time purchase, any suggestions/recommendations?  

Capt Nannoc

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Welcome to the Carrier Club, much like "Fight Club" but without the bruises. 

Good choices all, Capt Nannoc.    My 2 cents is you can't go wrong with any of these choices.  It comes down to what do you like about the ship (design) and console/BOFF layout.  This is where you need to do some homework.  Since most of my Carrier Captains are science, I looked at builds/ships from that standpoint; i.e, gravity wells are my friend.    There are many good resources here on our forums as well as other forums.  Carrier Captains tend to really love their ships and will write about it. 

Jem'Hadar  -- The crown jewel of the Carriers, but only if you can get the elite "Bug" pets.  I understand the only way to get the elite "Bug" pets is to actually own the Jem'Hadar Bug Ship.  I don't know if this still holds true anymore.    The idea of spending 500-800 million credits for a JH Bug ship, kept this off my "to-buy" list.

Tholian Recluse -- Funny, I spent two years buying and re-selling these ships, but could never pull the trigger for myself.  I know for a Science Skipper it is an awesome beast, but can't say for an Engineering Officer.    I just never really like the look of them, so I passed. 

Advanced Obelisk Carrier -- Except for the jokes about being a flying vagina (look from below), it's an interesting ship.  I have one of these, with all the appropriate gear, including elite swarmers.   (inserted) The Advanced Obelisk Carrier comes with a [Console - Universal - Reactive Antiproton Cascade Emitter], which overrides the sensors of the player's target (and enemies near the player's target), forcing them to target the player's ship for a short period of time (only applicable in PvE). During this time, the player's ship gains a large damage resistance and shield hardening increase and after a short time the player will counter enemy energy attacks with a potent defensive system that fires bursts of Antiproton energy at attacking vessels.(insert)    This ship was design for an Engineer Skipper.  A note about the swarmers:  the are easily destroyed, but have a fast "re-spawn" rate.   This ship is in Thu'Fir's fleet but my go-to Carrier will always be my Vo'Quv.   However, too cheap to buy the Fleet Version of the Vo'Quv. 

Giving the cost of getting the Lobi Crystals, it might be cheaper to buy the ships on the Exchange with Credits. 

View Carrier Chart on the bottom of this page: 

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Caitian_Atrox_Carrier 

(Gets on Soapbox)  This ship with two hanger bays and Romulan Drone Ships would put the "A" in awesome!

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Scimitar_Dreadnought_Warbird

Qa'pla

Capt Nannoc
Science - Captain

Awarded:

working on LOBI purchase so will pass on Scimitar.  That said, the Tholian Recluse does not look like the Torp Boat Carrier I crave.  The Jem'Hadar appears to be the smart choice, the Adv Obelisk appears to be the fun choice and opening more boxes to get 900 LOBI for a Herald carrier appears to be the costly but smartest choice...what to do!!!?

Thanks for the reply...I personally love flying the Obelisk carrier :)

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

dude, buy a vengance..if you dont like it (it does have a hanger and best pets in game) - other than that is is the *best* ship right now

if you dont want it, sell it for EC..the price will never be higher to sell, and buy what you want

edit: to try out a lobi ship - transfer a character with the most lobi to tribble test server. if not enough lobi, put that lobi in the tribble account bank. transfer same character again. put lobi in tribble account bank again. delete characters. transfer and rinse and repeat untill enough lobi is on tribble.

buy lobi ship and try it out on tribble!

link to transfer character to tribble: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Capt Nannoc
Science - Captain

Awarded:

Hmmm... Base sell is at 350,000,000 EC

Like my KDF, might be worth buying Vengeance, selling and investing in lesser ship and rare traits... good call...  more thought necessary... 

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

way more 'lesser" ships to choose from now too, with the infinity box driving all prices of those drops down, down, down...

Capt Nannoc
Science - Captain

Awarded:

re: VENGEANCE

Thank you all for the guidance.  I did buy a Vengeance.  It is currently listed in the Exchange ($375 million).  If it sells...I can shop (may even watch the market and wait for a lower priced Vengeance)!  If it does not, I get to Captain a pretty nice ship.  A WIN-WIN.

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

glad to hear you took sound advice! did you get a chance to play around on tribble to test out other ships/vengence yet?

defentitly worth a few clicks to see any ship in action 1st hand no matter how many youtube vids you watch

Capt Nannoc
Science - Captain

Awarded:

Admittedly I did not (I worried about losing my LOBI in a glitch).  That said, the ship sold over night and I now have unlimited wealth (i.e. a transfer is still an option and the process starts anew...).  The decision to buy a Vengeance or to buy a slightly weaker ship and 100 million in rare traits and such stands before me.  Thanks again.  

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

i understand not wanting to try lobi ships on tribble..but it is a tried and true method, just as transferring dil between characters is! dont let that hold you back in the future if you want to check out a ship. 

sometimes i do it just to get a look a lobi ships (try doing that with only 50 lobi per character transfer hah)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Imperial Tactical Squadron All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: