View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: new TOS ships

http://imgur.com/a/igCsq

i want the Paladin class now! here take my keys and zen..just gimmie

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

The Ranger is more my speed, don't like the super futuristic looking ones

Tactical - Vice Admiral

I'm good to go. I already have the Connie and the TOS uniforms!

Awarded:

Call me a wet blanket or a few other choice names if you want, but I am simply not impressed with the new "offers." It seems to me like it is all a bigger cash grab than Star Trek Timelines just to capitalize upon the franchise's 50th Anniversary.  Adding a TOS expansion fits in nice with the current "Temporal Cold War" arc, but I see no reason to spend all of that money on those ships, which are ugly, let alone start a TOS character and go through the ungodly grind from FNG to Level 60 again. Hell, my toon's backstory is actually an expansion of my old PC from the FASA Star Trek RPG from the late 1980's. I would much rather see a message from Cryptic sayng, "Hey players! For Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, We will actually clean up STO's code, introduce REAL balance into the game, get REAL writers to introduce QUALITY content beyond excuse plots to justify the RPG Equals Combat Trope, un-ass the economy and fix all of the server connectivity issues!"

I guess I can keep dreaming for that one.

Regardless, I have my Constitution Class T1 from the Gamestop boxed set from 2010. I have my Arbiter. I see no reason to hop on the "Shut up and take my money" train.

Awarded:

These are intriguing.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Admiral Barrett wrote:

Call me a wet blanket or a few other choice names if you want, but I am simply not impressed with the new "offers." It seems to me like it is all a bigger cash grab than Star Trek Timelines just to capitalize upon the franchise's 50th Anniversary.  Adding a TOS expansion fits in nice with the current "Temporal Cold War" arc, but I see no reason to spend all of that money on those ships, which are ugly, let alone start a TOS character and go through the ungodly grind from FNG to Level 60 again. Hell, my toon's backstory is actually an expansion of my old PC from the FASA Star Trek RPG from the late 1980's. I would much rather see a message from Cryptic sayng, "Hey players! For Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, We will actually clean up STO's code, introduce REAL balance into the game, get REAL writers to introduce QUALITY content beyond excuse plots to justify the RPG Equals Combat Trope, un-ass the economy and fix all of the server connectivity issues!"

I guess I can keep dreaming for that one.

Regardless, I have my Constitution Class T1 from the Gamestop boxed set from 2010. I have my Arbiter. I see no reason to hop on the "Shut up and take my money" train.

+1, Dreamers gotta dream, and if you are gonna dream, Dream Big!

Sir, why not hop on this "Shut up and take my money" Train?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Hope to see you in the 'Verse!

High Admiral WupTeeDo, 42 Underdogs

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

I know the 0-60 grind is a long one (I am working on my 11th toon now), but I have no qualms with the stories told (except the Iconian war, that was a disaster). However, the point that I think is being missed is this: the expansions are effectively offering us three worlds to play in.

You get the past, the present, and the future. Hence the futuristic ships. Granted, I have not played many MMO's, only EnB and SWTOR, but I am not aware of any that offer three different temporal locations to play in. To me, that's a new one.

Cryptic has effectively added a Z axis to story telling that can take you backwards and forwards in time. There are some amazing stories that they could tell and a ton of cash that they could make by doing so.

What concerns me is how they will handle the Romulans and Klingons in the temporal stream. Will it only be Fed? Will we be able to play other factions? I hope so, but that may be asking for a lot given the amount of time and effort it would take to bring them into the fold.

I gave in .....

Awarded:

give in to the pre-purchase? $120 is alot, but they are implying it WILL go up later

im holding out a little longer, i would love to see that bundled with LTS..i really want to get LTS, but even during the sales it is a little too much. if LTS and this were offered for say $300 or  less id get it. 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Life Time Subscription

Off-topic, but....

I have been a LTS for three years.  I bought it when it was on sale for $200.  Historically, this happens twice a year, June and around Thanksgiving (late November).   Last year we got "upgraded" Veteran ships and they also added a Fleet version of those ships.   I have probably hit my return on investment (ROI), so the 500 zen per month is a nice bonus. 

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: