View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

re: Fleet OPS State of the Union.

BigBob357 wrote:

So bath-towel . . . I mean bat'leth tourney in November, check. Return of the Dabo night (we need to come up with prizes not solely provided by Mitchy). Maybe we can combine Dabo night and trivia/ScavHunt somehow . . . hmmmm.

Does anyone else have and real ideas? I mean anything. Excelsior night, or [insert ship class] night. TV show themed nights where we get in series specific ships and do series related content. Anything. just because the noodles don't stick on the first toss, doesn't mean they won't on the next one.    

As far as a specific ship idea there is the Ambassador class of ship from the Azure nebula mission that is given away at mission completion. We ran a night with those ships once before and I understand that they performed fairly decently.

There is also the Miranda. It costs about 4K dil, but could be obtained fairly easily with a little advanced notice and you might even see Lang show up for that one!

Of course, you could also do a run through the Dyson battle zone the week before to acquire the dil to get the Miranda, and then follow up the event the next week with missions re-capping content from the first dozen missions or so.

Awarded:

i dont know much about the foundry, ive never used it before, but i know a few members are good at it, so this question is for them:

1. can teams join a foundry map like pvp, 5v5 teams or more?

2. if so, some talented artist could create - or maybe it exists allready? - recreations of famous battles. like the siege of ds9 or wolf 357. 

3. it could be us vs NPC or 5 fed vs 5 jemhadr/cardy players. 5 defiants vs 5 jhac. or 10 feds vs NPC borg

just a thought im sure has been passed around before..

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Nimmoth wrote:

i dont know much about the foundry, ive never used it before, but i know a few members are good at it, so this question is for them:

1. can teams join a foundry map like pvp, 5v5 teams or more?

2. if so, some talented artist could create - or maybe it exists allready? - recreations of famous battles. like the siege of ds9 or wolf 357. 

3. it could be us vs NPC or 5 fed vs 5 jemhadr/cardy players. 5 defiants vs 5 jhac. or 10 feds vs NPC borg

just a thought im sure has been passed around before..

The answer to both one and two is unfortunately no, it would be a great feature but one we foundry authors dont have. But 2 and 3 are yes. now.. before i lose you lol... The battles can be recreated using NPCs as enemies hence the duality answer for number 2. As for ones that already exist ur just gonna have to search for a particular one. If it doesn't come up; its most likely not there then.

Awarded:

what a shame that foundry is single player content only...they really need to work on this..

most of the games i enjoy playing most are user created multiplayer "maps". - fyi thats how DOTA (which lead to league of legends) started as a user created map for wc3:tft and is now one of the biggest games in the world..in fact the world cup is going on now..20 million$ prize. 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

davisjm0311 wrote:

Are you fucking serious?!?!  Fucking Fan Dancing?!?!  Holy Shit...

You asked for it, and here it is!  Enjoy!

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

davisjm0311

I get that it was in one the movies (not one of the good ones)...I just think it's a stupid fucking idea for a fleet event.

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Mr. Davis you are completely out of line on this one! This is a fabulous idea Fan Dance / Dabo night with our female toons and possible costume party!!! Love the idea make it so Mr. Cain... 

Fortin clear...

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin wrote:

Mr. Davis you are completely out of line on this one! This is a fabulous idea Fan Dance / Dabo night with our female toons and possible costume party!!! Love the idea make it so Mr. Cain... 

Fortin clear...

Cain and I officially tender our resignations...

BigBob357

Davis doesn't speak for me

Awarded:

I love you guys!

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin wrote:

Fortin clear...

Speaking of the Dabo night, I've already secured the prizes for it. Not as much as last time but they are some goodies. Up for grabs are:

2x Fleet Ship Modules

2x Master Keys

I'll be giving out the prizes like last time, and if I manage to grab anything else note worthy I'll put it in as extra. And as a response to Cain's previous comment on me going out of pocket to get the prizes, I don't mind spending a little money for the Dabo nights. We planned to have them as a Quarterly event, so its not really a big deal, my total spending's on this even has been at the very most $15 witch isn't much if its a quarterly event. So with permission I wish to continue handling the prizes myself.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Nimbus III:  After some synchronized Fan Dancing and a few rounds of Dabo, then we can put ourselves in "Starship Trooper" mode and go exterminate some bugs, especially that big one.   Then we can go hunting for wayward Gorn or take down some pirates.   Also, there is a hidden base of Tal Shair operatives that needs to be cleansed.   Capping the evening off with a bar fight; melee weapons for the bold. 

(Yes, this is right out of the 7th I.T.S. playbook for Kick-a-Tribble)

Qa'pla

davisjm0311

Wupteedo wrote:

Nimbus III:  After some synchronized Fan Dancing and a few rounds of Dabo, then we can put ourselves in "Starship Trooper" mode and go exterminate some bugs, especially that big one.   Then we can go hunting for wayward Gorn or take down some pirates.   Also, there is a hidden base of Tal Shair operatives that needs to be cleansed.   Capping the evening off with a bar fight; melee weapons for the bold. 

Qa'pla

This explains why it sucks...

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

davisjm0311 wrote:
Wupteedo wrote:

Qa'pla

This explains why it sucks...

Not as much as you do as a member of this fleet and probably a human being as well. 

Qa'pla

davisjm0311

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: