View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlxMAVERICxlx

re: Console delegation

I just saw the announcement of the console version coming to STO. I have just one question:

Does everything on PC in terms of toon, ships, equipment, etc. get transferred over if I go on the console? If not, that's fine.

Either way, I want to announce my return. Once the console comes out again, I would like to be taken off of reserve and re-join the fleet.

Nothing transfers over and the console players will be on a separate server.

xlxMAVERICxlx

That sucks. But that's okay. I need to start over anyway. Something new and fresh. I need a new Defiant to show the new recruits how to take down a Borg cube anyway.

You do understand that this also means that being on the console isn't a return as the Fleet is on PC.

xlxMAVERICxlx

Yes. That will is being addressed. I'm working on the RAM and processor within the next couple of months. Once I get the components needed, I'll be able to re-join on the PC side and work on a way to rep the 7th on console.

Awarded:

this raises a good question for the fleet. Whom is currently planning on playing on console?

I have a xbox 360, thats it, and i dont really use it. I dont know if it is only ps4/xb1.but if it is on xb360, i might play just to check it out from time to time.

Maybe we can create a sub-website for the console as well, like galatic group 7. 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

No console here - My COCO gave up the ghost a few years back. Love to hear about the game play on new platform. I can add it to my tech upgrade needed cue right behind  my cell phone.

Note well - this is not a troll statement - I do not yet have a cell phone but hope to soonish. When you call my phone and I answer, I'm in my kitchen. Good news for the snipers, bad news for coordinating fleet dinners in Chicago.

Sapel

Awarded:

Nimmoth wrote:

this raises a good question for the fleet. Whom is currently planning on playing on console?

I have a xbox 360, thats it, and i dont really use it. I dont know if it is only ps4/xb1.but if it is on xb360, i might play just to check it out from time to time.

Maybe we can create a sub-website for the console as well, like galatic group 7. 

I'm gonna say this now but a whole new website is totally unnecessary. GG7 is for a totally different game so that's understandable. At most we can do a forum area here on the website for it. Having said that.. no one is going to stop YOU if YOU want to create one and are going to be a leading presence in the console version. 

Thanks! I know it's going to suck being on separate servers though. That's sort of what I'm hung up on at the moment with this game. But details are still coming in and we still know very little about the venture so far.

I want to help plan this out because this is exactly the principle in which we, as a fleet, strive on. New experiences and frontiers. Sure, we'd have to start over but we can start over as a team and rise through the ranks together.

Besides, I still have a couple of seasons to get through.

So I've been taking some time playing the game. It's a good game considering everything is on an even playing field. It's actually quite fun!

That being said, they didn't bring the fleets over, which I'm sure you all were expecting.

I'm not sure how it worked on PC but I need a full team of 5 in order to bring the 7th to the console universe.

Also, for some strange reason, you can't cycle through the camera position inward. So that's still an issue. This game was obviously not ready for console but it's a start.

Awarded:

I had a PS2 and a Wii.  Used the Wii about 15 times over 2 months and the PS2 maybe twice. I'm just not a console kinda guy!  I like my PC!

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: