View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Hello, and my status

Hello my 7th Fleet members. Not to sure if any of you saw the post I made on FB but i just spent 4 days in the hospital and just got home today. I went in on Wed because I was having pain and pressure in my chest. As it turned out, I had blockage in 5 blood vessels and had 5 stints put in to open the blockage. I am doing okay now and will be on a couple of medicines, but all should be okay. I know I have to make some life changes, diet, weight and the like and it won't be easy, but with the fleets support, I will succeed. 

That is all for now,

Talbot out.

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sir, I'm glad to hear that you are doing OK.  Get well soon!

Tactical - Vice Admiral

I was unaware of your cardiac event until I read this. I am very glad that you are doing well and are out of the hospital so quickly. I will remember you in my prayers and I hope that you have a speedy and full recovery.

Awarded:

I had seen the post about going into the hospital, but none of the follow-up. Can't imagine how scary that must have been, and as a fellow person of mass (and poor dietary habits), I know making the lifestyle changes won't be easy. Best of luck, Cap'n!

Awarded:

glad to hear you are OK. (relativley) . . . no more soda's and hot pockets while playing STO...its water and celary sticks from now on! 

i too am heading in that direction, and the best advice i was given was to cut out fast food (duh), sodas, and regular bread. substitute with flat breads/pita. 

i now buy 24packs of bottled water (less than $3) and those flavored instant packs you just pour in the bottle water and shake..easy and find a flavor you like..i have cut out almost all sodas that way. 

for snacks, pretzels (hard rold golds and the like) and string cheese are really low in fat, as well as unsalted nuts/mixes.

for dinners, skin less chicken breasts, and find some of the boxes at the grocery store to make like lemon zest chicken, etc..theres like a whole aisle of them. and buttered pasta and a green vegetble(green beans,boiled kale) go well together and make a great low-fat dinner. 

thats what has worked for me! im sure you will hear everyone and their mother giving you advice, so forgive me if this a roll-the -eyes moment!

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Christ mate, sorry to hear that. Get well soon mate

The thunder from down under
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Hope you are doing better! God Speed sir, God speed...

Awarded:

Good to hear that you are doing much better. I was just thinking about you the other day, so much that I sent you a PM just to check up on you. I'm so happy to hear from you, it bring much joy. 

Awarded:

Get well soon Sir...it's good to hear that you are still with us!

Awarded:

Brian, 

I'm glad to hear you got through the procedure fine.  My wife was diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting MS 2 yrs. ago (lesions in the brain - like ALS and alzheimer's).  They are finding it might be reversible.   Each of her annual MRIs have come back with no change and no new lesions - which is a very good thing.  And, for the past 2 years the family has gone on a Modified Paleo diet.  Basically, it is removing as much of the refined stuff from our food as is humanly possible.  We cook with more fresh foods and clean spices.  No oats, wheat based grain, and no dairy.  We also limit our red meat intake to once or twice a week and have fish twice a week.  There are tons of cookbooks for this diet.  I hope you get to feeling like yourself again.

JT 

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: