View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shran Carpenter
Tactical - Fleet Captain

Awarded:

re: Promotions...

As of this day I type this i have to wonder if I was wrong when I posted my thank you post for joining ..

To this day its been six months and my better half and I have been waiting and playing and talking with people off and on and watching new members that have joined after us rank up in the fleet and we just ask why and take it with stride when told ask someone else ..

well I have always said good thing,s about this fleet and tried to represent it in good order and taste .. 

but i want to no why we haven't been promoted is it because we haven't been donating much to the STO fleets under ours since we are all free to play or is it we have been forgotten ...?????

We are online throughout the day off and on during our time zone hours so we don't see others in chat very much and when we do they are always playing or chatting about other games so we don't bother them..

so we just being polite and not asking a lot of questions ...

PS ..running on the last blade of grass..

davisjm0311

Your tag on this post says LTCMDR.  AT 6 months you go up to CMDR.  What promotion issue are you talking about, as this seems to fall in line with the normal time period. Here's a link to the administration cycle where you were promoted last. 

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11211527&gid=84053

Shran Carpenter
Tactical - Fleet Captain

Awarded:

Ok thank you but couldn't figure out why our Klingon's where already secIII when our Starfleet ones where not since the Klingon was much later In Joining ...

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Shran Carpenter wrote:

Ok thank you but couldn't figure out why our Klingon's where already secIII when our Starfleet ones where not since the Klingon was much later In Joining ...

That was done by me, sir. By command prerogative, I promoted you sooner due to your participation. Sorry for any confusion that it may have caused.

Richter/Gorgas

Awarded:

Thanks Richter for the heads up...AKA info..

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Shran Carpenter wrote:

Right, the Klingon fleet is part of the 7th but run separately.  It has its own leadership and a somewhat different way of doing things, but it works for them.  Point is that for your security levels to be different in the two fleets isn't unusual.  When exactly you put a toon in the klingon fleet might not really matter either; as I believe the only data we track is the day you joined the official fed fleet on the website.

Also bear in mind that security level and rank are not the same thing.  They both tend to reflect tenure and they are connected in many ways, but they also can operate independently from one another.

I've been in the fleet for 33 days. Shouldn't I get promoted to SEC II by now? I need to get something from the fleet store :(.

davisjm0311

Promotions are done once a month, during our monthly staff meeting (Last Thursday of the month).  

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Kurisuto wrote:

I've been in the fleet for 33 days. Shouldn't I get promoted to SEC II by now? I need to get something from the fleet store :(.

Hi Kurisuto, sorry about the confusion.  As FCAPT Davis said, the promotions and awards happen at the end of each month.  At the end of this month, since your Fleet Join Date was mid-September, I'll mark you as moving up to LT, and the promotions will take effect on November 1.  Everybody that joined during the month of September will get their LT rank on November 1.

I see, no worries then :)

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Upper right corner of 7th Fleet Web Page, under "Section Links," Fleet Operations Manual. 

Back in the day, before tier six ships and sector space loading, this was required reading for new fleet members.  So much information, so many questions answered.   Is this still part of the "Welcome Aboard" package? 

"Of course, you don't have to take *my* word for it." - LeVar Burton, Reading Rainbow

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

"Of course, you don't have to take *my* word for it." - LeVar Burton, Reading Rainbow

iconian butterfly in the sky, i can get my max deeps twice as high. grab a padd, its in the fleet lab, a reading rainbow boat. 

that just came to me, i know i should be song writer. i missed my calling

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

whoa deep man...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> General Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: