View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

re: Dungeon Keeper free

Origin is offering the PC classic, Dungeon Keeper for free. Just log into Origin, select "on the house" and download. The graphics are a bit dated, but it is still a pretty cool game. Instead of the hero, you play the villain who builds his dungeons and slaps your minions around as you spread your contamination. It was one of the first games to take this approach.

Enjoy!

Good times, indeed.

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

one of the first games i really enjoyed, thx for the info!

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Baldwin Praji
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I used to love this game!

Awarded:

A great game!  Lot of laughs.  I take special evil glee in using the Hand of Evil to slap the Imps into a frenzy of toil. 

I also may have noted in another thread that you can get Battlefield 1942 free through Origin.  I have snagged and downloaded it on all my computers, so the local gaming fiends can show up sometimes like back in the good old days, and get our frag on.  It's possible to play that one co-op [or against one another as you wish] with and against bots, in capture the flag mode.  Love that game.  In Origin, just type "1942" in the search field and it will come right up.

A few months back, Steam had a sale on Zombie Army Trilogy, and I got 4 licenses of it for under $30 because it's a WWII zombie apocalypse themed shooter that you can play the entire game through as up to 4 player Co-op.  I think it was about $7 a license.  I got 4 licenses and gave a license each to Nannoc [Fritz], Tufuk [Bill], and our other local buddy Steve, who doesn't play STO so you guys don't know him.  CAPT Nannoc and Psycho Steve showed up to my lair this last weekend and we had a total blast playing it.  Highly recommended, keep an eye out for when that one is on sale.  We had a great time, played it for around 4 hours with no crashes, and only finished the first chapter of many that the evil Trilogy comes with.

If you get this, one of the most important things to know is: use the spacebar to knock zombies down, then use it on them again while they are down to curb-stomp them!  Does wonders for saving ammo!  Also I recommend going into the settings for your game and setting the number of zombies to half the normal number, there was a crazy amount of them when it was scaled to 3 players.  When we play it again I'll set it to spawn for 2 players worth of them if there's 3 or 4 of us.  We literally killed a regiment of Nazi zombies, each of us killed about a battalion of them.  The game keeps stats on everything, much like Grand Theft Auto does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: