View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valeʼncynos
Captain

re: Discovery

So there is a trailer for Discovery, for those interested.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

Awarded:

It looks good, but it also looks like it is a prequel to the reboot. 

VADM JT Kerry, 7th Fleet Chief of Staff, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Star Wars it is...

Awarded:

If those [CENSORED] at CBS weren't putting it behind a paywall, I would gladly give it a shot.

Personally DS9 will always be my Trek series and nothing will replace it, but from the trailer alone, I might be willing to pay to watch this.

well, its not like you cant find any tv show for download or streaming all over the place .. heh

p.s. i will send you a personal drop box link when it comes out if u dont like doing those things

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Captain Moonlight
Captain

From the look of the trailer the space scenes are a shameless rip-off of the very nice work done by the Axanar team.

I thought this would be the case.

Gene Roddenberry made Star Trek. Rick Berman Built upon it and expanded it. Now, it belongs to those without brains or passion and they wish to exploit the fans because to them, it's a cash cow that they can squeeze a few more bucks out of before they ruin it. It will have weak makeup effects, plot holes, dark and flimsy sets and probably little in the way of depth. going back to the prequel stage they don't have to consult the geeks who advised on TNG and onward (Heisenberg compensators, Holodecks, PADDs, Com Badges, Replicators, Tricorders, Talking Computers, Touch Screens, Bio-gel relays... and the plethora of other things we saw and wanted!!!) 

Its as if imagination has stopped and they can't top the Enterprise D/E. As if there is no 'future' to the franchise.

Interstellar... thats where the prequel needs to be. Use the science!!! Bring in the hired geeks and use some bloody imagination with what they are saying.

Enterprise (the series) took all the magic out of it.

Rant over.

Rants, we love stink'n rants on STO!

Lest we forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yijcWsLda8

What Enterprise should of been:  (WARNINGSnowFlakes may melt or wet their pants if they view this!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Vice Admiral

I just cannot get behind this.  The paywall kills it for me, and quite honestly - with the exception of having what appear to be two female leads and an African-American ship's captain, there appears on the surface to be relatively little else about this that seems very 'trek' to me.  While there is no story without conflict, Star Trek shines best when it attempts to resolve the story-line conflicts it presents through means other than violence.  

To me, this looks like an extended action movie.  Lots of lens flare and gut-wrenching CGI; fast-paced scenes where the inclusion of ideas like diplomacy is boring.  There's nothing wrong with that, I suppose.  I do like those kinds of movies.  But I am certainly not going to pay a fee to a company that already owns a quite viable media delivery enterprise just to see if I am wrong.  And I do admit that I could be wrong - but not paying to find out.  One of you other suckers can let me know.

Jump to: