View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Pick Your Poison

This seems like a good place to put your Fleet drink recipes, for those who imbibe.  My current concoction is a splash of Domaine de Canton [ginger liquor], a shot of Irish Whiskey, and ginger ale on the rocks.  

I have created a Pick Your Poison image gallery in the Image Library, thought it would be cool to see what the other Captains are doing with their drink replicators.

What shall we name this ginger drink?

Science - Commodore

Awarded:

What brand of Whisky/Ginger ale?

I default to Bushmill's for Irish!

Sapel

Awarded:

Moosevelt wrote:

What brand of Whisky/Ginger ale?

I default to Bushmill's for Irish!

Sapel

Usually when making a Manhattan I'm using Canadian Whiskey, Seagram's VO.  The good bourbons I usually just drink neat.  I can't remember what the label was on the whiskey I was using the other day but will take a look when I get home.  The ginger ale was Canada Dry [diet].  

Bourbons probably would not be good with my ginger recipe above, because the Domaine de Canton is sweet and so is the soda, so you want something that does not have a sweet flavor profile.  Seagram's VO is foul tasting enough to work well this way, both for making a Manhattan or this drink, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: