View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Any experience with WTSITEM?

I keep getting in-game mail from numerous item/EC sellers, and finally decided to check one out after a) spending more money than I should have on keys to unlock a Kelvin Heavy Cruiser, and b) not being anywhere close the selling price on the exchange.  Has anyone used one of these services before (WTSITEM seems to be the one I get spam from the most)?  Thanks.

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

no i havent with this site..looks legit tho, and reviews from other sites say its legit...$62 for a kelvin connie...what is the ec price on market for the connie and what is the ec price per key and what is the zen price per key...is it a good deal? do da mathz

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Unfortunately it's almost the same in terms of buying the item outright and buying the EC I need.  Of course if I told my wife I was going to spend $60 on a make-believe ship for a game I'd probably be put in time out with my kids!

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Regardless of how legit they appear, I would exercise extreme caution.

Awarded:

The risk isn't worth it.  Gold farmers are also usually credit card thieves and hackers.  Just buy keys or something through Perfect World and sell them for the EC you need.

Awarded:

Thanks for the warning... I still haven't commited yet and the buying keys to sell sounds like a decent option

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

just a PSA: if you do use these sites (and i have in the past for other games, so not all are hackers/cc thieves)...use paypal or a similar payment gate..never,ever,ever give your direct credit card number..even if they rip you off paypal will reimburse you, even if it is the quick paypal guest payment (where you dont sign in-you just enter cc info through the paypal website)

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Mark Speed wrote:

Unfortunately it's almost the same in terms of buying the item outright and buying the EC I need.  Of course if I told my wife I was going to spend $60 on a make-believe ship for a game I'd probably be put in time out with my kids!

You know what, you work hard for your family.  Don't feel guilty about treating yourself every now and then.  That said, if my wife every found out how much I have spent on Star Citizen over the last four years, well, I would probably be gaming under a bridge somewhere. 

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Thanks - some things are best kept secret image

COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:
Mark Speed wrote:

You know what, you work hard for your family.  Don't feel guilty about treating yourself every now and then.  That said, if my wife every found out how much I have spent on Star Citizen over the last four years, well, I would probably be gaming under a bridge somewhere. 

Qa'pla

You'll always have a home with me - Starbucks has a decent wifi and isn't too far from my bridge.

Jump to: