View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: ANZAC DAY 2017

As  some of you may know, tomorrow is ANZAC Day for us Australians. It is comparable in signifigance to our nation as the 4th of July is to you Americans. As such, before KaT on Monday the 24th, I shall be conducting a small memorial service. I know that it may seem to be, to some at least, as the Australian pushing his nationalpride onto others, but that is not wholly the case. ANZAC Day represents mateship, courage and the forging of the Australian identity as we know it. I believe that our mateship with our allies, be they Commonwealth or other nations, is the core principle binding all of us together, for better or worse. So I invite you all to join me in honouring the legends of the ANZACS, and the bond between them and the US Armed Forces in WW1, WW2 and beyond. I shall try to keep the service brief, but I invite all to share their stories of courage and mateship throughout the events left to us this month.

Regards;
Connor Preston, SGT(AAFC), A27912, FCPT 7th Fleet UFP

The thunder from down under
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: ANZAC DAY 2017

Thank you, Sir.  Look forward to attended.  Please let us know where to muster and just to let you know that most of us will be in Klingon.  A neutral location will be needed; several nice spots on New Romulas.   For my fellow Americans, the following is provided:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day

IMHO, Gallipoli is one of the biggest cluster-phucks in modern warfare. 

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Flash Traffic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: