re: New on Fox: The Orville

Folks, looks like we have a winner and we don't have to pay to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aUuFsXRjU

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

I am definitely tuning in to see that. It's like an updated and better version of Quark.

The starship Orville!   She's a beauty. 

Qa'pla

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Reminds me of Galaxy Quest (1999) - Tim "the tool man" Allen.  So, now CBS needs to step up their game and actually broadcast Star Trek instead of making us all pay for it.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

The Orville start date is 10 September on Fox.   Check your local listings for times.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdShv8mc0w

Qa'pla

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Watch two episodes so far.  I like it.  Has a while to go to get everything straight, but remember, it took TNG about a year to get their act together. 

Attack Pattern:  Hugging the Donkey! 

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I like it.  I also like the fact that it is a slap in the face to CBS' arrogant stance. Even the actors on the TOO "NEW" to be Star Trek - I mean Discovery - arrogantly state that the fans of Star Trek will watch anything labeled "Star Trek".  They are going out of their way to piss us all off.  They forget that the "millennials" they keep referring to as the "new fan base" they are looking for read what is out their on the Net, which is coming from the older fans, and the bloggers of their generation are siding with the older fans.  

My damn DVR recorded a football game instead of the show.  It pissed me off.  One would think that would be taken into account when programming the software for the DVR catch the series you are trying to record.

As far as the new Star Trek series, I don't know if I will watch it. Giving us one episode free to base paying $6 a month sucks. They had a bunch of time and fan resources to do it right, but instead they dumped all of that to do something completely different - yet another timeline - which alters the past in ST to something othet than the TOS/TNG timeline. They killed some pretty good Fan based series, like Star Trek Continues (which is a real good facsimile of TOS https://www.youtube.com/user/StarTrekContinues ), which could only budget for a few shows a year (starting in 2012 - 11 episodes).  

So, I am not convinced that CBS is motivated to the fans in the new series.  In fact I think they are trying to kill Star Trek.  Anyone with any sense to making money would embrace the fans, and, for the bigger productions of fan films, develop contracts that allow them to continue, making CBS money at the same time giving something the fans want.  This whole thing with CBS is a farce.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Yeah I have already watched two episodes of the orville  its a good show very surprised. VADM Kerry I agree a lot with your sentiment about what CBS is doing seems like they have some thing that can print them money and instead of being smart they ignore fans as well as other peoples advise. One note that should be considered is they do have a back up plan which is Nicholas Meyer's new series not a lot is know about this alt series. Here is the link for this so everyone can get an idea of what CBS is bracing for if Discovery does not go well. Putting the show behind a pay wall, upsetting fans and telling them what they want and the crew will be at odds with each other seems like a bad idea.  Keep in mind now that Les Moonves has complete control over the show, I think he is willing to follow a scorched earth policy with Star Trek and its fans.

Here is the link credit goes to Midnight's edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQcLLfzzKWA 

(I fixed the link - JT) 

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Geez, with all the gloom, dis-pare, and excessive misery in the world, I just want some television that will make me laugh.  "The Orville" does this. 

FYI, Norm McDonald is the voice.   Cheers!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: