View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: The 13th Doctor is.......

Introducing the next Doctor - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2092886/

Since the Brits are overly "PC," I was expecting a Indian women, that was born & raised in England.   Oh well.  Be interesting to see the Fireworks when Missy (The Master) shows up.  Cheers!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

are they trying to kill dr. who???  i liked the 12th untill the new companion . billy just ruined the whole show for me - she is the worst companion EVER. 

now a victorian looking skinny white chik? na, just na, - i used to watch dr. who the minute it was on, now im episodes behind - now it looks like it will be seasons behind...man that sucks. argh so angry *nerd rage*

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wil Phoenix
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

If it's not David Tennant, I don't have any other emotions about it. I'll give her a fair shake, along with the new writers. Matt Smith was fun. Peter Capaldi was ok - not zaney enough for my likes. All pre-current-era doctors have their place, but no one beats Doctor 10. Eccleston was the reason I didn't get into the doctor again the first (current-era) season (series)...

I don't think it's the end of the world, and I think that a female Doctor falls well within the realm of classic sci-fi trope, as the Dax Symbiote already paved the way for male/female crossover of the same character. Missy was fun, so this could work out well. It just depends on how she portrays the character and how the writers handle it.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Well, as the say, times are a'changing, but not for the better IMHO. 

Anyway, as a teen, Jon Pertwee was my Doctor.  As a young adult, it was Tom Baker.  Somewhere, I have a 8 foot scarf and the hat.  The newer Dr.s never grabbed me, but my wife had never seen the Doctor, so I also viewed it from her fresh eyes.  The stories were written a little bit better and had longer arcs woven into them.  Plus, they had a much larger budget and CGI going for them  It wasn't until the 1980's that the BBC realized what a cash cow that Dr. Who had become.    

My favorite old school companions:  Brigadier Stewart, Sarah Jane, Jo Grant, Ramona, and of course, K-9.    Of the current crop of Doctor's, the only companion I really like was Donna, i.e., Donna-Doctor.  David Tenant and Donna had real chemistry; more toward the comic side, but that's what made it work.  

If you like David Tenant's work, check out "Jessica Jones" on Netflix.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The Doctor

Qa'pla

CAPT Preston
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I think she'll be fine. Stop thinking it'll be terrible until she fucks up royally. Then, loose the hounds. She's a decent actor, seen her in Broadchurch and she was decent.

The thunder from down under
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

FCPT Preston wrote:

I think she'll be fine. Stop thinking it'll be terrible until she fucks up royally. Then, loose the hounds. She's a decent actor, seen her in Broadchurch and she was decent.

Fingers crossed for the new Dr. Doctor.  If not, well on the British ITC network, they have........

Now available on NetFlix for American & Aussie viewer.   (FYI, it's a hoot to watch!)   Qa'pla!

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

yup, youre doctor is usually the one you see when you first watch the show ever, and it sticks with you your entire life. for me, my doctor is matt smith.

it could be ok, im still going to watch it. it has divided the nerd community, the reddit and tweet doctor universe is exploding right now, kinda funny to check it out. 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: