View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiinan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Looking to get that invite

Hey all I don't know who may be in game at this time, but I'll logging in for a bit on Ben@jiinan and my Discord is Oowon #5373

FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

Your application was accepted only four days ago, it's possible that most SEC III and above haven't seen you or had the chance to invite you. It also does appear that you haven't joined our discord server.

Hop into our discord and we'll get it sorted, otherwise please be patient and someone should be able to invite to. 

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Invite sent @ 12:24 hrs. EST.

Welcome aboard!

COMO Richter

Awarded:

FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries wrote:

Your application was accepted only four days ago, it's possible that most SEC III and above haven't seen you or had the chance to invite you. It also does appear that you haven't joined our discord server.

Hop into our discord and we'll get it sorted, otherwise please be patient and someone should be able to invite to. 

Ah, Mr. Ries I thank you for your response to my post. However, you appear to have mistake my intent. You see in the other games I have played I typically use the search function in game to find members of the guild which I am looking to join. Which in this instance I guess would be fleet. However, it is less than instinctive to find so I choose to make a forum post with my information. This way if a member with the proper privilages should be on or getting into game they would be aware. I do realize that it is possible neither was the same and I was potentially wasting some electrons and time typing, but at least I took a moment to say hey if possible can you help me out. 

Now let me take a moment to address the item of how long ago my application was approved. Yes, I am aware that it has been less than a week. Sadly I do not have the schedule of play times for those who are SEC III and above, so I will refer back to what I typed above. 

I have no problem joining the Discord server, if someone would send me an invite. I do not use my web browser. That is why I openly gave my user information so that I could be included. I find it almost disingenuous to tell me to join the server for which I have no invite and then follow it up with "otherwise be patient". Honestly, I made one forum post to start having my in game efforts contribute in some way to the fleet and this is your response. I did not post daily asking for an invite. I did not go keyboard commando demanding that as one of the newest members or in this case a returning member to be treated special. I dropped a quick and to the point message to share some information to facilitate my inclusion.

Now as this is an RP fleet, I get that when IC there is a defined command structure and for good reason. This structure has allowed the 7th to be active for years. Still this is OOC, so I would point out something to you. Your response was beautiful and well composed right until the end. Suddenly you seem to think I am your child and I am not your child. This "otherwise please be patient and someone should be able to invite to" which I am guessing the to was meant to be you. Was uncalled for, while you may have multiple in the past who have posted in the same fashion I would caution you to approach each individual like you've never dealt with that question set before. Even a canned response from the text program would have come off better than that. 

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Ben,

Instructions were PMed to you when I accepted your invitation along with an updated code to log into the Fleet Discord, which is private for members only.  You must use the code to gain access.  If you need help, contact VADM Kor.  Let me know if you did not get the Acceptance PM, it is a bit of automation that is supposed to engage when we accept any application.

As for an invite, Richter sent one which would appear on screen to accept the Fleet invite the next time you login.  If you missed it, we can resend it.  We don't have to be in game at the same time for the invite to be sent and accepted.  We are going by the info you gave us - Ben@jiinan to send the invite to, so, if there is another toon to invite, we will need the name.  

As soon as you log in you should get a prompt to join the Fleet, click accept and you are in.  

And, Ben, Reis is a good natured guy, he wasn't trying to offend you.  I don't think he had any idea you were a previous member. And, all of us are trying to help get you connected - don't read into anything we are saying other than that single fact.  We deal with people with all levels of skill in dealing with PC issues, and we normally go for the lowest common denominator - that you know nothing - we are not being condisending in doing this - we are being practical in dealing with new people on a monthly basis.  He was not talking down to you.  So, I am asking you to stand down and take any comments with those thoughts in mind.  

By the way FCPT Reis is a member of the Staff and should be treated with the proper respect - as all our members require.

Regards,

VADM JT Kerry

Chief of Staff

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Jiinan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

VADM Kerry,

Yes, you are correct on several points. Of that I will not deny or argue with anyone. My own intent was not to be offensive, but rather share my point of view. By the time I got into the later half, I forgot the cardinal rule, do not infer tone from text. Now having read it again I can see where I come off as being disrespectful. To answer any question you may have about the automated system after acceptance I did find that PM, looks like it was marked as read however I do not remember clicking on it and only answering your PM to me.

FTCP Reis,

I do apologize for my reaction, as I stated above I forgot the cardinal rule. This then played out in my response which was intended to further explain my own position. I was not intending to be disrespectful to you as a leader of the fleet. As VADM Kerry, pointed out to me I failed in that. I am hopeful you'll allow me a mulligan on this one and a chance to demonstrate this is but an outlier in my own personality not the rule.

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry

Awarded:

It is forgotten on my end.  Knowing Reis, he will more than likely do the same.

Let me know if you have problems with the Discord Code to join the 7th Fleet comms, and I can message Kor to assist.  He is usually on Mondays for Kick-A-Tribble. 

Also, I don't have access to the Game - I'm at work - but I can send another invite when I get home.  I can log in at about 7pm CT\8pm ET.  It will come up with your toon Ben@jiinan . Remember to look for the popup to accept joining the fleet - it may not say the 7th Fleet - it may say something generic asking you to accept joining "a" fleet.  After you get in game, and are joined to the fleet, there are a few chat settings to setup for Fleet and Cross-faction functions.

Once I see you in the Fleet Roster in game, I can change your settings to SECIII, so you will have the standard rights for a Captain.

If you have a Klingon toon, you could join in the Kick-A-Tribble meet tonight.  Each toon is individually joined to the Fleet Roster.  So, a Klingon toon will look as though it is in a different Fleet, if you remember, and the 7th ITS is its own fleet within the game, but can be joined to the 7th proper through the Crossfaction setup.

Regards,

JT

Jiinan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

The joy of government employment is holidays off, so I did receive today the invite Richter sent. In the mean time I will need to find the information on SEC levels for the fleet and see when I may become eligible to purchase my T6 fleet defiant. Can't wait to get the Brig Niagara into space, for now however I will work on getting my gear in order to move over. 

I'm off to read up on the various fleet documents and become better informed while I study corporate finance SQUIRREL!

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry

Awarded:

I will bump you up to SECIII tonight.  Did you get on Discord, or do you still need assistance with it?

Jiinan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I did get into Discord, just left my user name as Oowon. Set to invisible for the moment.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: